Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice
life in earth

Articles and video's for website

We are looking for articles as well as you tube video's to add to our website. We are wanting to make this site into a huge resources site for the Do it yourselfer wanting to live a more sustainable lifestyle. We have plans to add a blog, a gallery where people can upload pictures of their current projects, a few more pages such as Bee keeping, chickens, and more, as well as a monthly news letter. If anyone is interested in contributing you can send your you tube links and articles to the email address below. Here is a list of articles and videos we are looking for. Hydroponics, Aquaponics, Organic gardening, Permaculture, Composting, Renewable energy (Solar, Wind, Hydro), Alternative Building, Alternative Fuels, Off the grid living, Raising livestock, Bee keeping, and Water conservation. We thank you in advance for your help and know it will be of great interest to all who are trying to make a shift towards living a more sustainable lifestyle.

Thank you

Life in Earth

info@lifeinearth.com
Cathryn

Hello, I hope you like the site. Who's we by the way and where abouts are you from? Your ideas sound very similar to Downsizer however your site has a very different style.

By the way, why is it necessary to subscribe to it?
Treacodactyl

I was thinking the same thing, any reason to force people to subscribe to view the articles? Personally I don't tend to bother registering, not initially at least, and doesn't that stop people from being helped?
Gervase

How much do you pay for such articles? Is it per 1,000 words, or a flat fee?
life in earth

We plan on expanding our site greatly over the next few months adding a newsletter, a gallery where ones can upload pictures of their projects, as well as contests. Having a membership allows us to send specific info to those wanting it as well as moderate when we start the gallery as well as contests. We will be doing monthly updates to our site which will also be sent to those interested via our newsletter. The newsletter will also consist of articles on various topics, special offers, and latest news. We have been working on a few other things to add to it as well. With everything we have planned for the site it would make the site way to cumbersome to put up everything so we decided to offer a newsletter to get the information to those interested.

Thank you

Life in Earth

www.lifeinearth.com
gil

Thanks for not answering any of the questions raised.
life in earth

O sorry I forgot to add my name is Jeff Signoretti And me and my family are located in southern California however we have been between here and Southern Missouri where we own some land and plan to start construction on our home next summer. As for the information regarding articles you can PM me.

Thank you

Life in Earth

www.lifeinearth.com
Brownbear

If I want to write articles about something on the theme of Downsizer-like topics, I'll just write them for Downsizer, thanks all the same.
Treacodactyl

life in earth wrote:
With everything we have planned for the site it would make the site way to cumbersome to put up everything so we decided to offer a newsletter to get the information to those interested.

In what way? You currently state "Please visit our FREE members section for more information on this and many other useful topics." so if you have a section with the info in already you can open that up to unregistered people without any problem surely?

Having a site which holds the data seems much better than mailing it out to people. Newsletters often don't get read, or they get put into spam folders or just quickly get out of date.
ros

....and when you register, clicking through as a member to find the information that you want brings up pages asking for money.

I now need to work out how to unsubscribe Sad
Brownbear

ros wrote:
....and when you register, clicking through as a member to find the information that you want brings up pages asking for money.

I now need to work out how to unsubscribe Sad

I suspected that was the case, but didn't want to accuse the poster of being a money-grubbing little toad of a slimy con-artist, piggybacking on the good intentions of others to line his own pockets, without actually looking at the site, and I couldn't be bothered.

So thanks, Ros, for doing the looking for me, and as for the Californian chap, do please stop being such a stereotypical American bull-artist, such a sun-kissed hippy with your thumb on the scale. Look to your fellow Americans on Downsizer and take their example.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home