- 75g butter
- 110g sugar
- 1 large egg (enough to make recipe squidgy)
- 225g plain flour (I use strong white and it seems to work)
- 2tsp baking powder
- 4 ripe bananas (I sometimes use 5)
- Optional bits:
- 50g walnuts
- zest of an orange or a lemon
- Mash the bananas in a bowl
- Chuck in everything else except the egg and mix
- Beat the egg and add it to the mixture
- Makes 12 muffins or 2 half pound loaves
- Cook muffins at 180 degrees C for 15 - 20 minutes, loaves for 50-ish minutes at the same temp.
I hate walnuts so I usually just chuck in some nutmeg or some cinnamon. And I usually forget to have lemons and oranges in so just chuck in some lemon juice.
A slug of chocolate powder makes them banana and chocolate muffins. And I am toying the idea of trying it with some lumps of chocolate as well.no smilies