Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Welcome
Woo

Belated introduction

Hello my name is Ruth
I came across Downsizer when my OH sent me a link for an article on living in a caravan. i have been asking questions about chickens mostly but tonight saw someone being told to introduce themself and realised i never did. Embarassed i am new to this social media stuff!
we moved to Mayenne in northern france from Nottinghamshire Derbyshire boarder, last year. i am from the south origionally. We are my OH Steve our 4 children, Will 11, Caitlen 5, Jamie 3 and Ben 2, we are trying to convert a barn into our family home.

so far we have started a veg garden, brought 6 poule for oeufs, been adopted by a tabby Taya, to keep the mice population under control in the caravan and adopted a lab x labx?pointer pup. Woody(my avatar)
we are powered by solar and an old ww2 gennie when things get a bit dull.
we live in 2 caravans stuck together with an old conservatory and a deck, in a barn, while we build the house. nearly all we have here is from ebay repaired and recycled by my clever husband.
we want to try and bring the kids up with balanced values. less playstation and i phone, more outdoor play and appreciating what they have. so far so good despite many set backs!

i have been enjoying your company, sorry again for the late introduction!
gz

nice to meet you properly Smile
gil

and a belated welcome to Downsizer ! Nice to meet you. Very Happy
alison

Nice to see you. Welcome to downsizer Very Happy
Nell Merionwen

Hello hello2
However, you seem to have fitted in so well I thought you had been around for years Embarassed
T.G

Hello there from the Peaks not too far from where it sounds you left from Very Happy. Reads like you have your hands full, must be great fun if not scary and hard work but it'll all be worth it I'm sure Smile
Rob R

Re: Belated introduction

Hello my name is Ruth
I came across Downsizer when my OH sent me a link for an article on living in a caravan. i have been asking questions about chickens mostly but tonight saw someone being told to introduce themself and realised i never did. Embarassed i am new to this social media stuff!

That's alright, it's only the ones who post blatant advertisements without giving any idea of why we should trust them that get shot at dawn. Cool
gz

Hello hello2
However, you seem to have fitted in so well I thought you had been around for years Embarassed

just what I was thinking too Smile
AnnaD

Hello! Smile Green Rosie

Bonjour from just a bit further North than you in Calvados.

we want to try and bring the kids up with balanced values. less playstation and i phone, more outdoor play and appreciating what they have. so far so good despite many set backs!

Yup - that was pretty much us too (although only half as many children!!)
LynneA

Hello from the farthest reaches of North London.

we live in 2 caravans stuck together with an old conservatory and a deck, in a barn

Laughing

I suspect that's the kind of thing Howard would rig up, given the chance.

And I think the ds word for conservatory is ensuite greenhouse Wink
marigold

Hello and welcome Very Happy Went

Hello and welcome from Asturias... Very Happy

I wouldn't worry too much, you are downsizing abroad and we are seen as a bit strange anyhow
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Welcome
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home