Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On
earthyvirgo

Best Album at the BBC Radio 2 Folk Awards

Won by 9Bach, from Bethesda!! Smile

http://www.9bach.com/

Worth having a listen, the lead singer, Lisa Jen has got a superb voice.

EV
sean

I shall investigate. Nice to see someone win early in their career rather than later on when the judges realize that they should have given them an award in the past IYSWIM.
earthyvirgo

I shall investigate. Nice to see someone win early in their career rather than later on when the judges realize that they should have given them an award in the past IYSWIM.

Indeed.
They've got Griff Rhys producing for them too.

The lead singer's mum lives up the road from us (she runs Theatr Bara Caws, a small theatre company), and her sister lives down the road Smile

EV
vegplot

Indeed.

The lead singer's mum lives up the road from us (she runs Theatr Bara Caws, a small theatre company), and her sister lives down the road Smile

EV

I didn't know they were related.
sean

Indeed.

EV

It's a fair bet if they're her mum and sister surely.
robkb

Tis a good album. I just missed seeing them last weekend Sad earthyvirgo

Indeed.

EV

Yup, you knew Caren was Linda's daughter didn't you? And her daughter (Caren's) also acts and sings!

EV
vegplot

Yup, you knew Caren was Linda's daughter didn't you? And her daughter (Caren's) also acts and sings!
EV

Yes. It was the 9bach connection I wasn't aware of.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home