Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On
earthyvirgo

Best coffee/tea/cake shop in Wales!

Had a cuppa and baked lemon cheesecake (hard to decide which one from a choice of 6 or so to have, plus other amazing looking cakes) in T H Roberts Coffee Shop in Dolgellau.

It deserves way more than 10/10.

Lovely, lovely service ...in English or Welsh, whichever you prefer.
Free WiFi, a 'snug'!, free newspapers ....

Worth a long detour if you're anywhere in the vicinity of Dolgellau.
It's just off the main square heading towards the bridge, in the old ironmongers shop.
Just brilliant.

EV

eta, they also have live music once a month and Tapas evenings
Jamanda

Sounds good. I spent a very pleasant while in the Lemon next to the Pie in Barnstaple whilst waiting for Ben to finish his music workshop this afternoon.
vegplot

Excellent cake and a huge range of teas. Well impressed.
alison

Sounds good. I spent a very pleasant while in the Lemon next to the Pie in Barnstaple whilst waiting for Ben to finish his music workshop this afternoon.

Where is that Mandy?
Jamanda

In the alley that goes up from the back of M&S with Boston Tea Party on the corner up to the high street. In fact it's next door to the BTP, but smaller, cheaper and friendlier!

V good lemon drizzle cake! Still warm.
alison

I know the one. And if you want something cooked slightly differently, they will do that to.
Barefoot Andrew

Teashop noted. An amble around Dolgellau and places of that ilk is long overdue Very Happy
A.
earthyvirgo

Teashop noted. An amble around Dolgellau and places of that ilk is long overdue Very Happy
A.

Pistyll Cain and Rhaeadr Mawddach (part of the Coed y Brenin trails ) is well worth a visit. About a 3 or 4 mile circular walk.

EV
Cathryn

Jamanda, when you visit this summer, we can all meet up there. There's a festival, can't remember when and there's Machynlleth comedy festival.

EV remember we bumped into each other in Dolgellau?
Jamanda

Jamanda, when you visit this summer, we can all meet up there. There's a festival, can't remember when and there's Machynlleth comedy festival.

Can we find out dates?
earthyvirgo

Yes, vegplot mentioned it yesterday.
I can't remember where we had been/were going .... yes, I can, I think it was Judith's for a get together.

Are you thinking of Seshiwn Fawr Cathryn?
Not sure if it's on this year - they keep having financial problems ...

The website only covers 2013
http://sesiwnfawr.wordpress.com/

EV
Jamanda

The Mach comedy festival is in May week! Completely no go for us!
Cathryn

And us, right in the middle of lambing. Might be able to pop over for one or two things.

Have to be summer.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home