Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice
earthyvirgo

Big changes

Well, half an hour away from a big change in my working day ... life too I imagine.

As of 5.30pm today, I'm taking a completely different role in the web business, no more hands-on, dealing day to day with clients, no more design (apart from my own website), just the odd meeting here and there and helping with preparing proposals when i'm needed ...which won't be too often I hope.

And what am I going to be doing with all my 'free' time?

Free time? I think not Smile
Painting, painting, painting. My focus is going to be 100% on getting myself back in gear as an artist and producing lots of new work, rather than one or two paintings and a few prints a year.

It's going to be a very exciting time, and probably a bit frightening when the creative juices fail to flow on demand.

So, that's it really .... it's really happening. Soon Smile
I think I'll need a glass or two of R&S tonight.
EV
gil

Yeee-har !
cheers, and very very best wishes, EV Very Happy
sally_in_wales

how very exciting, we'll all raise a glass to your new venture tonight Smile
tahir

Good luck
mochyn

sally_in_wales wrote:

Likewise (although it will probably be juice rather than vino). You won't regret it!
woodsprite

Well done and all the very best EV. Remember fortune favours the brave. Very Happy
I will raise a toast to you with a margarita Wink
vegplot

sally_in_wales wrote:

Actually, it's an old venture revisited. Before I met EV she was a artist who made a living out of her work selling from galleries and also undertaken commissioned work such as illustrating books, information panels and a whole variety of graphic design projects.

We met, I set up a business she got involved very early on as there was a design element I couldn't do and since then it's been full time for both of us. That was back in 1995. Since then she's has precious little time for her first love, art, aside from occasional works, often done in the small hours, to keep her sane.

It's going to make a big change to our lives in many ways.

I'm proud of her for many reasons other than her artistic skills.
marigold

What a fab Valentine's Day present! Very Happy Good luck in your revived career.
mochyn

vegplot wrote:

Including the tattoo.
vegplot

mochyn wrote:
vegplot wrote:

Including the tattoo.

judith

sally_in_wales wrote:

What Sally said. And the very best of luck to you.
sean

judith wrote:
sally_in_wales wrote:

What Sally said. And the very best of luck to you.

What Sally and Judith said.
earthyvirgo

gosh, thanks folks Embarassed

EV
RichardW

Exciting times, new job & new house.

Hope both go well.

Richard
Nicky cigreen

excellent - good luck!
Barefoot Andrew

Jolly exciting times EV. Looking forward to hearing what the new life feels like from Monday morning Very Happy
A.
thrifty

Excellent! Dive in and enjoy!
Fee

Ooh, ooh, excellent news! All the very best, EV!
Green Rosie

Go for it girl - and ENJOY Very Happy
Penny Outskirts

Excellent - good luck EV Very Happy
lettucewoman

You go!! I'm all for following one's talents...and you are talented Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Went

Full speed ahead.......enjoy it, hate it, work hard, work little...but most of all, let your creative juices flow.......your work is great.
earthyvirgo

I'm sure there'll be moments when I think "OMG, what have I done" but I know I can work through them.

There's so much to inspire me in the landscape round here and if I get truly stuck, I've got Oriel Môn on Anglesey 20 mins away and the Sir Kyffin Williams gallery.

Half an hour looking at Kyffin's drawings yesterday pretty much moved me to tears - a mixture of awe at how he could say so much with so few lines and sadness that he's no longer here. I think of all the artists I admire and respect, Kyffin is/was the one I consider to be my mentor. He played the pompous, opinionated, eccentric old gent so well for the press but under the facade he was a funny, modest man and a generous spirit who over the years gave me the courage (and several kicks up the behind!) to keep on painting.

EV
welsh veg grower

can give you the odd kick to encourage you to keep painting, but thats about it sorry as have very little art ability.

keep at it, Bel and I keen to see your first work.
earthyvirgo

welsh veg grower wrote:
can give you the odd kick to encourage you to keep painting, but thats about it sorry as have very little art ability.

keep at it, Bel and I keen to see your first work.

Diolch!
If you hear me talking too much about what i've been doing in the garden or suggesting a visit to see the mochyn's once too often, remind there are paintings to be done Smile

EV
sean

Get on with it. You've had nearly 48 hours now. Wink
earthyvirgo

sean wrote:
Get on with it. You've had nearly 48 hours now. Wink

Oh blimey, whip-master on my case already.

I'm just doing final, final tidying of up loose ends in the office ......

EV
welsh veg grower

then call it a day, you will always find other things you can do.

you can come and see the mochyns any time, or a panad, I can always do with the change from work Laughing
earthyvirgo

Done.
Wedi gorffen.

Very Happy

EV
welsh veg grower

sure its a strange feeling, its been such a big part of your life for so long, but onwards and upwards me thinks.
vegplot

Yikes, she wiping down her desk right now, nothing on it expect a monitor, printer and scanner. Ready for someone else to take her place. Who or when is another matter.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home