Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Seasonal and Frugal Shopping
Bugs

Bike shops, probly in Devon?

I wish to buy a new bicycling machine. Possibly, I believe, one known as a hybrid. Lighter than a mountain bike but sturdy enough for the occasional bridle path, all very Famous Five. For fair-weather pootling, not commuting and shouting at buses.

Any recommendations of a good place west of Somerset where, for preference, I might be able to sit on a few and possibly get some advice from a grown-up?
sean

We got ours from this lot. They're helpful, don't sneer at you if you don't want to spend thousands and will let you ride the bikes.
Bugs

That sounds exactly what I'm after. I could even go there on the bus - get me, re-moding.
sean

You could ride it home if you felt really keen. Two re-modes in one day. Smile
bigpaul

Depends on how much you want to pay, just bought 2 Claude Butler hybrid bikes for 190 each from www.devoncyclehire.co.uk
Bugs

Sorry, missed the last reply - I'm looking to pay less than 200 (it's the first time I've ever bought a *new* bike) but have gritted my teeth and budgeted up to 300.

I went to that lot suggested by Sean today and they were indeed very nice and helpful and not patronising or pointy and laughy. I also steeled myself to Barnstaple's industrial heartland and went to these people and they were also very nice and helpful and not patronising or pointy and laughy.

Now I just have to decide on which of their recommendations to follow for which I am going to try a new thread.
Nicky Colour it green

partridges ?
Bugs

Thanks - might be useful for some friends & relatives down that way.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Seasonal and Frugal Shopping
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home