Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
tahir

Biodegradable disposable tableware

Just ordered some disposables from this lot:

www.nvyro.com

We're hosting a bonfire party for preschool, thought it'd help a tiny weeny little bit to counteract the fireworks Embarassed Hopefully quite a lot of people won't be having their own fireworks as a result.
frewen

and there was me thinking you were talking about nappies...

Just goes to show what a one track mind I have Wink
hedgewitch

Frewen wrote:

Me too! Was actually thinking if fireworks affect small kids badly enough to warrant ordering nappies in, maybe it's not really for them? Embarassed Rolling Eyes
cinders

me too Laughing Laughing
sally_in_wales

We've used those thin beechwood forks and spoons for banquets before and treated them as semi disposable, they stand a coupld of washings and usings before they become kindling at least
Treacodactyl

I think you still have to ensure the products are composted rather than sent to landfill. I gather many biodegradable items will give off methane if landfilled, not sure about the www.nvyro.com products.
James

hedgewitch wrote:
Frewen wrote:

Me too! Was actually thinking if fireworks affect small kids badly enough to warrant ordering nappies in, maybe it's not really for them? Embarassed Rolling Eyes

me too!
tahir

Laughing

We'll be composting the used stuff, we've got a hole dug already and will just cover it over.
Green Man

In the 'olden' days you used to take your own cuttlery to events. Not such a daft idea really. Idea
Barefoot Andrew

Frewen wrote:

You have nappies as tableware? Laughing
A.
frewen

The thread title was changed after the post Smile
Behemoth

Cho-ku-ri wrote:
In the 'olden' days you used to take your own cuttlery to events. Not such a daft idea really. Idea

I would have thought "You'll have had your tea?" was the most efficient way of dealing with this issue.
tahir

Behemoth wrote:
I would have thought "You'll have had your tea?" was the most efficient way of dealing with this issue.

Laughing
sean

Re: Biodegradable disposable tableware

tahir wrote:
Just ordered some disposables from this lot:

www.nvyro.com

We're hosting a bonfire party for preschool, thought it'd help a tiny weeny little bit to counteract the fireworks Embarassed Hopefully quite a lot of people won't be having their own fireworks as a result.

Does this mean that we can have as many fireworks as we like at our party since we'll be using real crockery and cutlery?
Green Man

What is wrong with a toffee apple on a stick?
Northern_Lad

Cho-ku-ri wrote:
What is wrong with a toffee apple on a stick?

How are you going to eat meat-'n'-potatoe pie with that?
Green Man

Eat the apple first and then use the stick to scrape the meat and potatoes off the paper plate into your mouth. Idea
Paper plates are great outdoors on a damp night . They go so bendy you could just fold them and tip them down.
Barefoot Andrew

Or as would happen to me, they go bendy and food is tipped down me... Embarassed
A.
dpack

and on that plate there was some parkin
a cake type thing of fine milled oatmeal( and such ),treacle and ginger
ace bonfire snack invented in yorkshire
jamanda

We are having a Northern bonfire night Very Happy We are having parkin Dpack, and also proper black treacle toffee. A smallish bonfire in the (neighbour's) garden with a few fireworks and sparklers.
bagpuss

On a similar theme there is this stuff made from potatoes

http://www.vegware.co.uk/purchase/cutlery.html
joanne

These are great - I'll definitely be recommending that we buy some of them for our Yule party in December

Thanks for the links
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home