Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Downsizing abroad
madmonk

Bit of a downsizer weekend

We had a good weekend with a sort of mini-downsizer meet, Saturday Simon ,Zoe and the boys came to stay and in the evening Tay and Andy came around, a few drinks and a barbecue went down well as did Simon's bunnyburgers, Sunday we toddled down to meet Anders and Judith, it's the first time I have met them and hopefully not the last, it was especially nice as they had friends from England and some French neighbours who were great fun.
pricey

That sounds great fun, can we have another when I come out?

We are having a little one here this weekend, hope the weather holds Rolling Eyes or it might be at my house Laughing
Blue Sky

It was great. Nice to meet Tay and Andy before they go back to the UK.

Thanks to Ray and Jan for your hospitality. Also thanks to Anders and Judith (although I could say that in person as they are staying with us at present).

Looking forward to the next Downsizer (France) meet-up, when you are over here Pricey. Do you think we can talk Ray & Jan into trecking down here?
pricey

Tempt them with the Crayfish Tails Wink that should do it. I will bring some Carrot Whiskey with me as well Laughing
madmonk

What bunny burgers, whisky, crayfish tails you bloody try and stop me Laughing what date you over Pricey?
pricey

madmonk wrote:
What bunny burgers, whisky, crayfish tails you bloody try and stop me Laughing what date you over Pricey?

Laughing Laughing 22nd September till the 3rd of October, see you then Laughing
madmonk

your on Laughing Laughing
Blue Sky

Well that's that sorted then. Just try and pick a day when I am not working next morning or I will be sipping flippin' tea with you guys. Sad

Fridays & Saturdays are good (hint hint)
pricey

Simon wrote:
Well that's that sorted then. Just try and pick a day when I am not working next morning or I will be sipping flippin' tea with you guys. Sad

Fridays & Saturdays are good (hint hint)

Will leave that to you, It's your house Wink Laughing
Blue Sky

There's still time for me to get a batch of homebrew on the go then (just). I am onto it now. Wink Did I mention that we have created a 'pub' in our front room?

Beer
madmonk

I'm not coming unless I have a stool to fall off of Embarassed Laughing
Jamanda

Simon wrote:
There's still time for me to get a batch of homebrew on the go then (just). I am onto it now. Wink Did I mention that we have created a 'pub' in our front room?

Beer

Excellent! What's it called? Are you open to suggestions?
madmonk

"Grasshopper" well Simon does look like David Carradine when he's got his hat on Laughing
pricey

madmonk wrote:
"Grasshopper" well Simon does look like David Carradine when he's got his hat on Laughing

Now i said that to him a year ago, I thought they were brothers Laughing Laughing
Tay

Thank you for a splendid evening. Cool Excellent company, very tasty food (we both tried the renowned 'Bunny Burgers' - the first time that we had even eaten lagomorph). I'm sure that our dearly-departed pet rabbits won't forgive us easily... Rolling Eyes
Blue Sky

So who's coming over on 30th Sept then?

It is a bit too cold to be camping (IMO) but we have a couple of sofa beds and plenty of floor space. We could call it a rehearsal for next year's DS meet-up en France I guess.
Anders

Would like to come over, but I'm working at the moment. What a shame.

Have fun.

See ya,

Anders

PS Still got that book of yours Simon, - we'll bring it back, promise.
Blue Sky

No worries.

Books are for passing on, not bringing back.

Stories shared are stories multiplied, yes?
Jamanda

Simon wrote:
So who's coming over on 30th Sept then?

It is a bit too cold to be camping (IMO) but we have a couple of sofa beds and plenty of floor space. We could call it a rehearsal for next year's DS meet-up en France I guess.

Wish we could. Too far and too much money just for a weekend Sad .
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Downsizing abroad
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home