- 6lb blackcurrants
- 4 Bramley apples (peeled, cored and chopped)
- 26 oz sugar
- Some water
- (All amounts are approximate)
- Put all the fruit into a big pan.
- Add water to not quite cover.
- Bring to the boil until all is soft and mushy.
- Strain through a jelly bag (a pillow case would do fine.
- Leave to drip, preferably overnight.
- Measure the resulting juice.
- Return to the pan.
- Add 8oz sugar for every pint.
- Heat gently until all the sugar is dissolved.
- Pour into containers.
I use 1 litre plastic milk containers that have been thoroughly cleaned by running though a hot cycle on the dish washer. Then I freeze until needed.