Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Poultry
chez

Blatant plug

Off the back of receiving Rob's new newsletter, I went away and had a think about options that were suitable for me to do something similar. I've discovered that facebook business pages have the same option for you to write 'notes' as personal ones* and I've therefore bashed out the first edition of the all new, all singing, all dancing, erratically scheduled 'Greenmeadow Poultry Newsletter'.

You don't have to have a facebook account to look as business pages - and I have got facebook set up up to 'tweet' when I post to the page. So I'm hoping it will work for me in a non-intrusive, chatty, 'keeping up with what I'm doing' kind of way. I think one of my blessings and curses as a business person is that I like to talk to people; and the fact that people can leave comments and it's all a bit more interactive than a simple newsletter that turns up in your Inbox will be handy for people to ask questions; and for me to answer them.

Feedback welcome. But not on the grammar. Wink *glares at Mary-Jane*

*well, DOH!
Liz in Ireland

Very interesting, as was discovering that down the right hand side of 'your' page all my youngest son's facebook contacts were listed, with their photos - the computer must have thought I was him, if you see what I mean.
Had I posted a comment it would have come up as him Confused
chez

Yes, it would have if you were logged in as him - has he got it set so fb logs in automatically? Shocked
Liz in Ireland

Yes, must be automatic - he seems to have a very many friends who are girls Laughing
Rob R

I like the newsletter, but I've found an awful lot of people seem to say to me that they have an aversion to facebook stealing their lives if they so much as look at it, so I was wary of being too facebook-centric. Depends upon your demographic, though.
Nicky cigreen

very nice and chatty and informative - i like it.

Can confirm as a non FB account holder I can see the page (though can't comment obviously)

well done Smile
Mithril

Enjoyed the news letter. A good idea Smile
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Poultry
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home