Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Foraging
bubble

boletes about

Boletus impolitus ,yesterday, with oak on heavy soil

Finsky

Gosh..isn't that bit early? Looks good..all 'gone'..?
fungi2bwith

There were ceps from mid-June last year in my local woods, lets hope we see them again. So far I have not seen any boletes, but I noticed some blushers and rusulas whilst horse riding last night.
floorlord

Thanks, bubble and fungi2bwith. The few St Georges left around here (West Yorkshire's old industrial belt) are past their best so I'll go looking for what's new.
Northern Boy

That's just rude.

I have also seen Russula's (Russulae?), might be time for a quick look around the Bolete spots!
bubble

Thanks, bubble and fungi2bwith. The few St Georges left around here (West Yorkshire's old industrial belt) are past their best so I'll go looking for what's new.
Right now there's loads of fairy ring mushrooms [Marasmius oreades] they are lovely with pasta [carbonara].
bubble

That's just rude.

I have also seen Russula's (Russulae?), might be time for a quick look around the Bolete spots!
I've looked in Thetford forest today Northern boy- nothing about- .I think we should have Summer ceps or ceps in next 2 or 3 weeks [around the phase of the next full moon] fungi2bwith

I saw some chanterelles this evening. I shall go back tomorrow morning with my basket and collect some.

Garry
Northern Boy

I saw some chanterelles this evening. I shall go back tomorrow morning with my basket and collect some.

Garry

That's the best news I've heard all day!
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Foraging
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home