Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
Hairyloon

Books...

What do you do with a box of books that are too tatty to go to the charity shop?
I'm thinking "bin", but I think I may get lynched for thinking that...
Jamanda

Recycling.
dpack

fuel

cheap paper has little content except wood fibres ,if it is glossy there is a bit of clay (but less than oilshale)

books burn well Wink

allegedly there are 3/4 of a million tons of unwanted books (mostly mills n boon remainders )in the foundations of the birmingham northern relief rd (ms toll) . a combo of scam and green activism can be an investment for the future Cool
Hairyloon

Recycling.

I did mean the recycling bin.
wellington womble

Well, if you can build houses out of straw...
sean

Then you can build a castle out of books...
Hairyloon

I'd want to use quality books for construction. Wink
Rob R

I'd want to use quality books for construction. Wink

Use these for bedding, then. Smile
dpack

at about 40 a tonne they are a decent fuel with the proper hearth dpack

they can be more expensive but that is the buyer price to work with Wink Falstaff

Re: Books...

What do you do with a box of books that are too tatty to go to the charity shop?
I'm thinking "bin", but I think I may get lynched for thinking that...

Are they such rubbish titles that nobody will pay you anything to read them ? Confused
Hairyloon

at about 40 a tonne...
Where from?
Andrea

I use old books to line the animals sheds. As many are the kids' old school books I like to think that I'm providing my animals with a decent education. dpack

with jackets ,boards,photo pages etc they count as mixed paper and jan's wholesale bought prices were 35 to 50 pmt at the mill gate

graded as good condition (ie all the pages) they are about 1200 to1800 for a 20ft shipping container load which is a little bit more but still cheaper per calorie than most fuels
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home