Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Livestock and Pets
NorthernMonkeyGirl

Bored? Hatching some chickens?

...then you need to do this. For science.

http://io9.com/heres-a-chicken-wearing-a-prosthetic-tail-to-walk-like-1517456040

Flamin'Panda

hmmm... Confused
NorthernMonkeyGirl

Even better, do it with a Malay chicken...

Flamin'Panda

oookay..... and I thought that I suffered boredom.... by the way, did the pooch get a new home?
NorthernMonkeyGirl

No change yet.

I've wanted a Malay chicken since I first saw one, I just like the idea of scaring the postman with some demonic birds Laughing Tails would just add to the scare factor.
chez

Isn't that a turkey? I will see what I can do for you when we get home Smile
NorthernMonkeyGirl

*dreams of a flock of Malayraptors*
Shan

Mr Shan is refusing to let me hatch Rhea.....sigh
chez

Mr Shan and Arvo seem to be very similar. Smile
Shan

Indeed.... *sigh*

I might have to do a covert Rhea hatching mission.... but first I need a much bigger incubator.... Shocked
chez

*cough*

I have an Ova-Easy which is perfect for hatching all sorts of eggs from the very small to the very large. If you were interested in popping some in. You know. Hypothetically.

During my previous phase of Rhea Madness, I did quite a bit of research - apparently they're quite difficult to hatch because the pip out in to the air sac and then take ages to get through the shell and suffocate.
Shan

Wellllllllllllllllll.... I might have threatened Mr Shan tonight, that if he put the non-dishwasher proof blade through the dishwasher once more, I WILL be ordering rhea eggs.... so hypothetically... this could be likely to become reality.... especially as he has a terrible memory about the dishwasher.... Wink
chez

I'll save you a space and get my Rhea-Hatching-Hammer ready Smile
Shan

Jolly good... I just need to source some eggs.
Shan

Mr Shan is currently looking up the size of a Rhea turd...... *snigger*
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Livestock and Pets
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home