Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> IT Matters
mrutty

Broadband ISPs

There have been some questions on broadband ISPs so here's a site than rates them http://www.adslguide.org.uk/

I'd look at BTopenworld, Pipex as benchmarks
Treacodactyl

I'll take a look. Do you think the site is fair as some reviews don't seem to match my own experience?
mrutty

The reviews and rates are submitted by users so I'd say pretty fair. For every 100 happy customers you can always find one that will give you a horror story.
Treacodactyl

Just taken a look and it does seem to tally with my Demon experience. Reasonably good at most things and not the cheapest but not the most expensive. The question of is it worth swapping to save a few pounds and how easy would it be springs to mind.

The prices relate to new contracts so it appears I could get a cheaper renewal.

I'll add the site to the web links if it's not been done. Thanks for the link. Very Happy
mrutty

Broadband swapping is easy. Firstly ask your current ISP for all the exchange details (they have to provide this) and pass on to the new ISP. There should be a seemless swap from one to the other. You should just have to reset usernames and passwords (having said that I also had to change the PPPoE authenication settings).
Treacodactyl

It's more the email address I have. As it's listed on my CVs and some old friends have it changing ISP would mean I lose it.

I know I need to set up my own email address and mail forwarding etc, another thing to add to the list. Confused
jema

Treacodactyl wrote:
It's more the email address I have. As it's listed on my CVs and some old friends have it changing ISP would mean I lose it.

I know I need to set up my own email address and mail forwarding etc, another thing to add to the list. Confused

It is one of the great benefits of having your own domains, that you get a constant short email address.

Anyone who wants real addresses or forwarders @downsizer.net has only to ask.
We intend being around a lot longer then your current ISP!

jema
       Downsizer Forum Index -> IT Matters
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home