Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Finance and Property
Chookie Embra

Buildings and Contents Insurance.

I would like to recommend an insuror. I hope that that is in order here. I've simply had a very good experience and would like to pass on what I think is a good tip. When renewing our buildings and contents insurance this year I shopped around on the Internet and was surprised to find that the cheapest quotation was less than half the next cheapest (AND better cover!). The company was Liverpool Victoria. No sooner had I signed up than we had a claim- both contents and buildings- our first for over 30 years I may add. I have been most impressed with the way in which the company dealt with all aspects of the claim. Works have just finished and in the course of a three week period I have had four courtesy calls from Liverpool Victory to check that everything was satisfactory and going to schedule. It's not like the old days- it's BETTER! At last something's BETTER! Heartily recommend this insuror. I have no other connection with this company.

Chookie.
Jonnyboy

Excellent, nice to see some decent customer service & a low price, the two are usually mutually exclusive.
Behemoth

Suprisingly I can recomend Direct Line. In the complicated mess following my dad's death we discovered that he had forgotten to renew the contents and buildings insurance policy for over a year. Also next door, which was my grans who also died recently had passed into his estate and needed insuring after we got rid of the pirates at the Halifax. On top of this both houses had major claims paid and repairs made due to subsidence about three years prior and we could find no documentation or engineers reports about causes and repairs. Despite all this Direct Line staff helped trace payments and correspondence and insured both houses without quibble, with better cover and at a third of the price of the Halifax.
Bernie66

Re: Buildings and Contents Insurance.

Chookie Embra wrote:
I would like to recommend an insuror. I hope that that is in order here. I've simply had a very good experience and would like to pass on what I think is a good tip. When renewing our buildings and contents insurance this year I shopped around on the Internet and was surprised to find that the cheapest quotation was less than half the next cheapest (AND better cover!). The company was Liverpool Victoria. No sooner had I signed up than we had a claim- both contents and buildings- our first for over 30 years I may add. I have been most impressed with the way in which the company dealt with all aspects of the claim. Works have just finished and in the course of a three week period I have had four courtesy calls from Liverpool Victory to check that everything was satisfactory and going to schedule. It's not like the old days- it's BETTER! At last something's BETTER! Heartily recommend this insuror. I have no other connection with this company.

Chookie.

I too can recommend Liverpool Victoria. Competance, a pleasure to deal with.
tahir

Bernie66 wrote:
I too can recommend Liverpool Victoria.

Well you blinking would, wouldn't you?
Bernie66

tahir wrote:
Bernie66 wrote:
I too can recommend Liverpool Victoria.

Well you blinking would, wouldn't you?

Rolling Eyes I do not do blind loyalty, I am far too cynical mate Laughing
mrutty

Chookie Embra wrote:
The company was Liverpool Victoria.

Well they are the new name for Frizzel and anyone with an HMG background should know them. Very good on cars too and they don't lose cases. We're had a couple of odd accidents and they just sort them out. Worth every penny.
btp

really good company we have all of our insurance needs with them
on a plus side if you are in unison you get a very good discount

very good service

brian
moonwind

Seems they must be a good company to deal with if the replies here are anything to go by, and as others say that is refreshing to hear.

Maybe they should be put on the consumer written website www.blagger.com it might be .co.uk can't remember, but it is a sort of consumer led "which" type place.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Finance and Property
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home