Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> IT Matters
lorrayne

Bullguard

Does anyone use their protection package £19.99 ?

An elderly friend of mine used to have Mcaffee (sp) but had some problems and a family member suggested this company.

I was helping them yesterday with their emails and was slightly alarmed by an email from a company called VVF which had sent a receipt for a purchase that my friend had bought for over £300, so tactfully I asked what it was for and was told that it was another protection for the computer - my friend believes they (VVF) can enter their computer and put things right. They are adamant that this VVF came via Bullguard, the receipt shows that VVF are based in USA.

The cover is apparently for two years, and was paid for by a debit card. In my line of work I have encountered several people that have been talked into buying insurances or warranties to cover anything and everything - when they don't really need them, and because they were paid for by Debit or Credit Cards unless you cancel they are repeatedly renewed unless you reply to the letter you should receive before the expiry date.
L
dpack

that all seems very dodgy below is what i use for windoze machines

avast iirc about £40 a year for 3 machines (and smart phones to match if required )they ask politely for the next year and cut off the updates until you actively pay them

malawares testing version( free live realtime protection )

spybot free version ( manual free scans and real time immunisation)
       Downsizer Forum Index -> IT Matters
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home