Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice
Hairyloon

Business Cards.

I've decided I need some new business cards, but I do not know what sort of design.
Do people expect a graphic these days?
Is simple text too boring?
Midland Spinner

We have text one side and a photo of our Handmade Things on the other - that way people can see examples of what we make and be reminded of which of several hundred historical traders we are.

We got them from the local printer, they were not expensive (not as cheap as free-from-prontaprint - but the printers are real people, with children to feed etc).
vegplot

Use a style and design that reflects you or your business, not the expectations of others.
Lorrainelovesplants

yeah, dont imagine you'd get many undertakers with graphics on cards, or defence lawyers, or politicians...........
Lorrainelovesplants

spoke too soon...............

Hairyloon

Use a style and design that reflects you or your business...

I'm not entirely sure what that is at the moment: I'm looking for a new direction.
But right at the moment I'm needing cards to seek out waste oil contracts: not so much a business as a means to run the business.
Hairyloon

Any recommendations to what software to use to do it on?
I was going to use Openoffice unless I get a better idea.
alison

If they are going to be stuck up in places then cheap would be one of my main concerns.

We have a 2 sided card, with a photo on one side then simple text on the other.
Hairyloon

If they are going to be stuck up in places then cheap would be one of my main concerns.

I was just planning to run some card through the printer here.
I don't need many for this purpose.
alison

I just had an as through my inbox from vista print. 250 cards for 2.99. Not sure you could buy the card and ink for that. Hairyloon

I just had an as through my inbox from vista print. 250 cards for 2.99.
I have used them before, that offer was free cards and fairly expensive postage.
Trouble was that I kept meeting people who'd taken the same offer and gave me an almost identical card design. Rolling Eyes
Quote:
Not sure you could buy the card and ink for that.

I've already got the card and ink, and as I said, I only need a few for this purpose: I only want enough oil, it becomes a can of worms if I get too much.
Much too much and it might be worth opening the can, but not today.
alison

In which case avery lables do a selecton of formats for cars and lables which are free and easy to use.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home