Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice
jamanda

Business cards

My brother, who is a self employed plumber, has run out of business cards, and the local company he used last time has gone Sad

Any suggestions of someone reliable to use on-line? He's a one man outfit, so won't be wanting a huge number.
Nick

Someone will say vista print. Just beware of signing anything, they have a reputation for keeping direct debits going.
Midland Spinner

Our local printer is reasonable, friendly & says he will post things to people. He did us a cracking deal on some business cards and I promised to spread the word.

info@unwinprint.co.uk
Martin Unwin
Unwin Print
5 New Hill
Farnsfield
NG22 8JN
01623 882627
chez

Someone will say vista print. Just beware of signing anything, they have a reputation for keeping direct debits going.

I use them and haven't had any problems. I don't give them my bank details, though, I pay by paypal.
sean

Chap at work has just recommended this lot.
chez

They look really nice designs. Not as cheap as vistaprint, but not much is to be honest - they look really smart.
Bugs

A friend of mine had Moo cards; they're excellent quality and the service seems good. Depending on what your brother's business is * you could have a couple of different versions done, in the same pack, aimed at different customers (the back design rather than the front). They have a load of suggestions on their site, you could be there for days.

Or http://www.jamaicapress.co.uk/ is localer but I don't know what they are like, only seen them as the printer on a few posters and stuff.

*ah, plumber - so for example he could have half of them done with images or details aimed at householders and half of them for business customers etc etc
sean

Actually he's a plasterer. Unless I've got another BiL that I don't know about. Confused I should have noticed that when I read the first post.

The different images suggestion is a good one though.
jamanda

That Jamaica Press is just up the road from where we get our horse muck Laughing I'll ask the owner of the producers if she knows them.
alice

I use them and haven't had any problems. I don't give them my bank details, though, I pay by paypal.

Ooh, thanks for that.
I've just spent a very pleasurable hour or so designing, and actually buying, 250 business cards and I don't have a business Laughing
They are rather smashing though Cool

ETA Vista are quite a lot cheaper than moo. I use the mini-moos, with my own pics, as swing labels when I put my quilts in the local craft shop.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home