Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Site guidelines, Announcements, Problems and Suggestions
Erikht

Buying from Amazon via Downsizer

Is it possible to do so today? If not, can it be done. I understand that when you buy stuff from Amazone via a internet page, that page gets a little kickback, without prices going up (which is why you see so many Amazone banners around). Could be some money in this for Downsizer.
Rob R

Our cattle society has recently suggested this as a way of raising funds, not very Downsizerish but I'm sure many of us are already buying from them anyway.
SarahB

you need an amazon associates account and then you can set up links, or a little shop, or whatever.
Hairyloon

What like this one?

Note, this link supports Downsizer only indirectly insofar as I do what I can for Downsizer (so far, not much). I've never made much out of it, but then my website is crap with minimal traffic.
jema

There as an Amazon affiliate thingy once for downsizer afaik, but I think people objected.
Erikht

I-or we-spend well over thousand pounds on Amazon every year (conservative estimate). I will do this regardless, but if Downzier could make whatever an affiliate makes, why not? Make a poll, or something. Vote on it, after a brief discussion. Between us, we peobably spend tens of thousands of pounds every year on Amazon. Why not get some of that back?
Jamanda

I'm not keen tbh but I know others are. Set up a poll if you like Erikht.
Erikht

Jamanda wrote:
I'm not keen tbh but I know others are. Set up a poll if you like Erikht.

I'll set up a discussion in Chat. Let say that we run it for a week, or untill the moderatore feels that the subject is exhausted, whatever comes first. Then I'll set up a poll.

The whole point will be to let people express themselves, and maybe eveb sway others to their side.
Hairyloon

Meanwhile, do feel free to use my link (above). Some people consider it to be a reasonably good cause.
Jamanda

Hairyloon wrote:
Meanwhile, do feel free to use my link (above). Some people consider it to be a reasonably good cause.

What cause is it HL? I can't get the link to your website to work.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Site guidelines, Announcements, Problems and Suggestions
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home