Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Fishing
natty

calling all fishermen and women

Do you sea fish? fly fish?coarse fish? fish every day or only on holiday? wish you could fish more? only for food? or catch and release?
If so, then we need YOU.....

Hi all,
my new job has me involved in a big UK wide angling research project and as part of it we have launched an angling participation survey.
I'm trying to get as many anglers to complete it as possible- and in particular I though downsizers would be a good place to catch a few anglers who may not be part of organised clubs or reachable though organisations such as the Angling Trust.- and of course those ever elusive sea anglers.

Please spare a few minutes to complete the survey- even if you only fish every now and then, this will be valuable data.
You can find out about the project at http://www.anglingresearch.org.uk/
and the link to the survey here

And just ask me any questions you have
Very Happy
natty

opps looks like the project home site doesn't link....here it is again...
Angling Research Project[/url]
cuff

its not working for me
gil

Natty, check the spelling in the link in your first post - should it be 'research'
natty

which bit? I'm not so clued up on posting url links I'm afraid! Embarassed
natty

thanks Gil- yep i spelt it wrong! Embarassed does it work now?
gil

The link in your first post works fine now Smile
pricey

I just filled it out, very interesting.
natty

thanks pricey
well it's a start only another 3 years to go! but have to say its a fabulous job...I get paid to fish for fun!
mihto

I filled it out as well, though my answers hardly count Confused
pricey

natty wrote:
thanks pricey
well it's a start only another 3 years to go! but have to say its a fabulous job...I get paid to fish for fun!

So how does one get a job like this? Wink
natty

hardly count why?
natty

just lucky- I stormed the interview- i think they weren't expecting a girl to be a keen fisher woman and I loved the idea of teh job- i mainly deal with the young people and angling side of teh project- troubled teens and all that
mihto

natty wrote:
hardly count why?

Right attitude to fishing, wrong country for a British survey Shocked
natty

opps yeah- should have said- it related to people fishing UK waters- you can be a non UK national as long as you have fished in Uk this last year really, but thanks for doing it!
natty

why is it so difficult to convince people that research does not have to have ulterior motives! On another site people have been posting that they suspect my research is out to spy on them or somehow connected to the government! I didn't realise being genuinely interested in people did was such a terrible thing to be!
SmattyB

Some people are just suspicious of everything.

I thought the survey was pretty well worded, you don't have to give an email address if you don't want to so no one can get back to you. Given the rise of the 'Antis' I think it's vital that the sport does everything it can to improve it's standing & profile. Good luck with it.

M
natty

thanks SmattyB,
it's easy to get dispirited when faced with such negativity and when i do think I'm trying to do a good thing here!
dpack

sea or inland
i only fish if i can eat it
catch and release is cruel
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Fishing
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home