Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Trading Post
Bugs

Calling all traders - Downsizer Christmas present guide

Yes, it's only November - but just think yourselves lucky Tahir hasn't put on a jolly hat and invited you all to sit on his knee and tell him if you've been good.

We'd like to do a Christmas gift guide, just summarising what presents you could furnish your friends' and family's stockings with from the friendly small traders on Downsizer.

This is open to all members who would like to make their wares available, so if you'd like to take part, all you need to do is email trading post at downsizer.net with answers to the questions below - it should be pretty quick to do.

The guide will probably go up as an article a week to 10 days from today:

- Downsizer Username
- What do you sell?
- What sort of person might like it/them as a gift?
- What are your prices like (link to a list/order form if that's easier)?
- How much is postage or is it included?
- When do people need to order by to get them/it delivered for Christmas (in the UK)?

How would you like to be contacted:
- PM - yes/no
- Order form on your site - yes/no and give URL if yes
- Email -

- Have you got any references from other Downsizers who have bought from you in the past? (Ask their permission for quotes or to give their username as a reference)

We will add a link to your advert on Downsizer if you already have one.

Please do take part if you have anything to sell - it's not necessarily committing yourself to supply anything but just a nice easy opportunity to make sure people know what you can offer them Smile
sally_in_wales

Good plan! I shall compose my list this evening
Lozzie

I'd like to sell child-sized djembes and CDs of balafon (wooden xylophone) music from Cameroon.
tahir

Like the sound of the CD, what's a djembe?
tahir

sally_in_wales wrote:
Good plan! I shall compose my list this evening

Are you doing a "festive" soap?
Lozzie

Sorry Tahir. Here's a djembe -

Lozzie

Oh yes, Christmas Pudding flavour soap?? Laughing Laughing
tahir

Very nice, ethically sourced?
Lozzie

Yes! From the Gambia Smile The one in the picture is NOT one of the ones I would offer for sale - I need to take new pictures of those - it is a picture from my website.
tahir

Tempting, but the kids are noisy enough without a drum to bang on...
sally_in_wales

tahir wrote:

Are you doing a "festive" soap?

I do em for friends, but to sell they need to be certified which is expensive. Maybe for next year
(this years festive not-for-sale soap is frankincense, myrrh and tangerine scented, in a pale blue soap with a bit of mica in the mix for shimmer)

There is actually an xmas pudding soap recipe in my 'Seasonal Scents' booklet!
tahir

Sounds delicious
Bugs

I think in order to avoid lawsuits from Downsizer parents you'd have to include some instructions on how to manage a soothing non-hangover-aggravating rhythm Lozzie Laughing They look great - do get new pics and send some details over to the trading post address Very Happy
2steps

Sounds like a great idea Very Happy
Bernie66

tahir wrote:
Tempting, but the kids are noisy enough without a drum to bang on...

Presents to keep at the grandparents house Wink
Lozzie

Laughing Laughing Laughing
mochyn

As soon as I can get the computer and camera to talk to each other I'd like to post some pics of my bead-embroidered jewellery. Give me a chance top speak to my mate in the village who's a computer whizz...
bernie-woman

mochyn wrote:
As soon as I can get the computer and camera to talk to each other I'd like to post some pics of my bead-embroidered jewellery. Give me a chance top speak to my mate in the village who's a computer whizz...

sounds interesting Very Happy
mochyn

The jewllery or the mate?!
bernie-woman

mochyn wrote:
The jewllery or the mate?!

the jewellery Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing
mochyn

Yep: well, I think it is. Tiny beads sown on to felt backing in swirly patterns, all sorts of colours, some with sculpted surfaces, some with dangly bits. Brooches, necklaces, bracelets... You name it, I'll make it!
Bugs

How long do they tend to take you to make Mochyn? Do you have some lined up already - if you like we could put those on a separate article/ad and link that from the "guide"? I am sure they would be interesting to people all year round.
mochyn

They take from 2 hours, and I have pics of some, but I'm having a problem with the computer/camera thing: can't get the laptop to recognise the camera. I'll keep trying...

Oh, and there are hairslides, too.
mochyn

OK camera problem fixed! I'll be posting pics later today. My mate in the village is now, officially, a genius!
mochyn

OK here's a sample: a group of things and a brooch. Now then, Bugs, how can I do a bigger article-type thing?
timberdog

my list

her you go my list:
X2 300 TDI Outlet amnifolds and Turbos
Wrapp round Bull bar plastic coated
200 TDI down pipe
2.5 TD RAD

OTHER BITS TO SELL..I WILL SELL ME SOUL SOON:

CD Rack wood ethnic style £30.00 nice one..
Single BARREL SHOTGUN (Certificate Holders Only)!!
Oil painting..yes Oil painting on print circa 1883 30" x 24" picys available
Falconary picture prints various??
Old Whsiky de canter in pot of sailor, Head comes off and acts as cork?
6 foot solid glass lamp in pyramid shape individual tiny peices of glass lights up nice!?
Shooting books / Falconary books / Discovery Haynes Book / Working terriers book.
All in a good aid ???
Treacodactyl

The article is now ready for people to have a look at for some of their Christmas shopping, or any other shopping. If we've missed anyone who is making things to sell then please shout! Please take a look here:

http://www.downsizer.net/Products%10Services/Organisations_%26_Clubs/Downsizer_traders_Christmas_gift_guide/
nora

I've been looking for mochyns lovely beady things but can't find them. Does anyone know where they are? (I could be looking in the wrong bit, i'm not sure)
Treacodactyl

nora wrote:
I've been looking for mochyns lovely beady things but can't find them. Does anyone know where they are? (I could be looking in the wrong bit, i'm not sure)

They are to be added today.
Lozzie

Thank you very much to everyone involved in putting this together. Smile
mochyn

Here's something else I forgot to put on: it's a little fabric covered box, about 4" x 4", covered in black silk and lined with scarlet, with a beaded design on the lid. These go for from £15, depending on the size and complexity of design. I did one for my (Goth) daughter last Christmas: a coffin in these colours!
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Trading Post
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home