Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Trading Post
chez

Can anyone make me a six foot bolster?

I've got the fleece to stuff it with but no head-space to actually sew myself one up.

I want a round French-style one to put across the head of the bedstead to stop the pillows falling down it, about six inches in diameter and made out of something like denim that will stand to be scrubbed when Nenna spills my tea all over it in the morning.

I will pay, obviously. Or swap for chickens. Or eggs. Or something. Smile
BahamaMama

How fast do you need it? I am going to France in June (end of) and they sell them in the supermarkets there. Alternatively I could bring back a spare if that is any help?
Cathryn

Okay, but would a cotton cover for the stuffing with a denim cover over it be better? So you can strip it off to wash. (Stains on the cover wouldn't show through denim. Wink )

DO NOT SEND ME HENS OR EGGS!

(OR MONEY)
Cathryn

And do you have any objection to the cover being made from recycled jeans if I promise to avoid Jack's farm ones?
chez

Bahamamama, thank you ever so much for the offer; but I am fixated on stuffing one with Ma's fleece - it's become a Thing Smile.

Cathryn, yes please. And I'm not even too fussed about Jack's farm jeans provided I don't have to put my head on the bit where his crotch used to go. I will try and find some photos - am on my phone atm.
BahamaMama

Bees in bonnets are absolutely fine Smile
Nick

What about head's in other people's farmer's old crotches?
BahamaMama

That is a mental image I don't really need on a Friday afternoon......
Nick

That is a mental image I don't really need on a Friday afternoon......

I've gone apostrophetastic. My apologies.
Cathryn

Less of the old! Wink Hairyloon

I read "bolster" and thought chisels... Boggled to wonder what you'd be wanting one that big for. Shocked Nick

Old, as in, used, not aged, really.

For a six foot tube, couldn't you just stuff a pair of jeans, doing the splits? Sew up the leg bottoms and the waist, and there you go.

Handy pockets for bed time Things, too.
mochyn

I was wondering what Arvo had done wrong. Cathryn

For a six foot tube, couldn't you just stuff a pair of jeans, doing the splits? Sew up the leg bottoms and the waist, and there you go.

Handy pockets for bed time Things, too.

Yes a small variation on that would work bit it depends if Chez is thinking boudoir or utility.
mochyn

And I confuse bolster and lobster. sueshells

You wouldn't want to put your head on a lobster. Or maybe you would? Everyone is different. chez

I can reassure that I have no desire to to put my head on a lobster. Or an old farmer's crotch. Or a lobster that's had it's head in an old farmer's crotch. Laughing

Cathryn, utility is where I am going. I have purchased a proper feather bolster to go on top/in front of it, so it's going to be hidden. The bed is six feet wide (in order to fit in all Arvo's in a line each morning, eating our porridge like the three bears) and it's got a gap between the mattress and the bottom bar of the headboard, where the pillows keep sliding down. I think a six inch diameter one will wedge nicely in the gap and stop me getting neck-ache when my pillow disappears.

mochyn

The one I feel really sorry for is the old farmer with a lobster in his crotch. Cathryn

Okay, got the idea. Will be a few days hopefully not longer. chez

You are fabulous, thank you.

Mochyn - Crotch Lobster?
Cathryn

You haven't seen it yet. Wink dpack

I read "bolster" and thought chisels... Boggled to wonder what you'd be wanting one that big for. Shocked

Laughing

i keep getting a mental picture of a barista lobster confused with a barrister lobster Rolling Eyes
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Trading Post
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home