Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Shooting and Trapping for the Pot
boisdevie1

Can anyone sell me some dead bunnies?

I live in France but from time to time vist the UK. And bunnies are cheap to buy in the UK so I'd like to stock up. So, can anyone supply me with some bunnies next time I'm over. My normal return route is from Bognor Regis up the M23 to the M25 and then down the M20 through Kent to Folkestone or Dover.
marigold

If you can't get any from a Downsizer, Chanctonbury Game sell them at about 3 each http://www.chanctonburygame.supanet.com/
Nick

Are you planning on bringing them over on a bike, or coming in a car? Just a thought, because swopping them for wine en vrac would be a great idea, for someone. Sadly, I don't have bunnies, otherwise I would.
JB

I was talking to the game merchant at the market last weekend and he told me that his biggest single cost in providing bunnies is disposing of the waste, which would explain why I've alwasy thought bunny costs too much to buy for something so plentiful.
Silas

Is it legal to take unprocessed game into and out of europe?
boisdevie1

Silas,
I was talking about issues that relate to France. Given that you don't live in France perhaps I can suggest that you can't comment on this thread.
Regards,
Bois.
dpack

plenty of live ones ,if you can kill em they are yours (with a few for our pot ) Twisted Evil
Rob R

JB wrote:
I was talking to the game merchant at the market last weekend and he told me that his biggest single cost in providing bunnies is disposing of the waste, which would explain why I've alwasy thought bunny costs too much to buy for something so plentiful.

It's the same with butchering farmed livestock, particularly cattle. Sad
Silas

boisdevie1 wrote:
Silas,
I was talking about issues that relate to France. Given that you don't live in France perhaps I can suggest that you can't comment on this thread.
Regards,
Bois.

My dear chap, I was mereley asking if it was legal to take these tings out of the UK into mainland europe. I am visiting friends later in the year and may wish to take them a hamper.

Now, are you just looking for responses from residents in France, if so, it seems a bit daft asking your question on na UK based site.
Bodger

JB wrote:

I can't see that there's much more waste on a bunny than there is on a chicken. He's making up excuses.

Silas old chap ! I think you've made rather a good point there.
SheepShed

Silas wrote:
My dear chap, I was mereley asking if it was legal to take these tings out of the UK into mainland europe. I am visiting friends later in the year and may wish to take them a hamper.

Import regulations by France customs
"Products of animal origin:
Apart from some exceptions the Community rules do not allow the importation of meat, meat products, milk and milk products by travellers."

So maybe not legal
Nick

SheepShed wrote:
Silas wrote:

Import regulations by France customs
"Products of animal origin:
Apart from some exceptions the Community rules do not allow the importation of meat, meat products, milk and milk products by travellers."

So maybe not legal

The 'some exceptions' appears to be meat sold for food. At least, that's what our customs say is fine between EU countries.
Rob R

bodger wrote:
I can't see that there's much more waste on a bunny than there is on a chicken. He's making up excuses.

You must have some big-headed chickens at your place Laughing
Brownbear

Rob R wrote:
bodger wrote:

You must have some big-headed chickens at your place Laughing

With four legs and a thick pelt. Squeaky big-toothed underground chickens.
Rob R

Just don't eat the eggs
dpack

mr hare was less than 10%waste as the dog had the bones ,the skin is salted for when i have time to brain tan it
bunnies work out in a similar way iirc ,the local ones wont play with me Surprised
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Shooting and Trapping for the Pot
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home