Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> IT Matters
cir3ngirl

Can I see if an email was delivered

I have an email in my sent box that was not bounced back to me but school are saying the have no record. So can I find out whether it arrived with them.
vegplot

The provider of your outgoing mail server they will be able to look at their logs to see if the email was delivered to the recipients incoming mail server. However, getting your service provider to do this can be difficult. Alternatively the IT dept. who manage the incoming mail server will also be able to tell you whether an email was received but again getting them to do so is another matter.
Jam Lady

I'm not sure how to do this, but sometimes I receive an e-mail and it has a tag on it - something along the lines of "sender wishes to be notified when this e-mail was received."

Something useful for important e-mails such as the one to which you are referring. Might be worth checking out how it is done for future use.
Barefoot Andrew

I'm not sure how to do this, but sometimes I receive an e-mail and it has a tag on it - something along the lines of "sender wishes to be notified when this e-mail was received."

That mechanism can't be relied upon. I have my systems set to ignore any and all requests for confirmation.
A.
Nell Merionwen

That mechanism can't be relied upon. I have my systems set to ignore any and all requests for confirmation.
A.

Perhaps you shouldn't. Then you will know if a certain seaside based individual reads his e-mails!
       Downsizer Forum Index -> IT Matters
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home