Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Finance and Property
NorthernMonkeyGirl

Car insurance (sorry!)

Made the mistake of looking up reviews on my cheapest quoted deals. Oh dear oh dear.
Dare I risk "Go Skippy"? Slated online. But then so are the companies quoting twice the price. I have to go to four figures to get good reviews - which aint happening.

I'm waiting on an NFU callback but I expect them to be out of my range...

Just wanted to grumble I suppose, unless someone has a happy or terrifying tale?
sally_in_wales

NFU have been the cheapest for us for a fair few years now
Chez

Are you using confused.com?
NorthernMonkeyGirl

I was comparing meerkats I think... I should try the others I suppose. Got distracted doing all the "someone-direct" ones I could think of.
sean

Aviva don't show up on comparison sites and were miles cheapest for us.
Hairyloon

The subject came up on another forum, and somebody chimed in that he had got together with some friends. got underwritten as a small mutual and saved a packet.
Makes sense from all angles, but I don't know how to do it...
onemanband

I used a comparison site for first time recently.
I also saw the bad reviews.
AFAIR a lot of them seemed to be from numptys who hadn't read the T+C's properly or had some other unreasonable complaint.
Apparently a lot of the cheaper companies have an automatic renewal and this has caught a few people out.
Check for automatic renewal.
Chez

Is this still your van?
NorthernMonkeyGirl

Aviva don't show up on comparison sites and were miles cheapest for us.

605, with basic RAC cover, fully comp. Not too bad compared to 4-500 quotes for 3rd/fire/theft with dodgy companies...

Beware of "Be Wiser" - I have already been spammed with phonecalls (suddenly they have cheaper quotes over the phone) and several emails.
Ty Gwyn

Have you tried Insure or Adrian Flux

I have a 3l Isuzu on the first for 204 ,full comp,full no-claims,bonus protected,
And a 1.9 golf estate on the later for 120 something,full comp,full no-claims,bonus protected

Basic with no fancies.
NorthernMonkeyGirl

I have a 3l Isuzu on the first for 204 ,full comp,full no-claims,bonus protected,
And a 1.9 golf estate on the later for 120 something,full comp,full no-claims,bonus protected

Basic with no fancies.

Adrian said 938 Shocked
Ty Gwyn

Basic with no fancies.

Adrian said 938 Shocked

That`s the trouble with being a young driver.

And your previous occupation as a Stock car driver,lol.

Seriously,that is a shock.
baldybloke

Kwik Fit and A Plan are worth checking out. sgt.colon

Why don't you try your local Swinton? They can of go off and find the cheapest for you.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Finance and Property
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home