Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
Nick

Carrier bags

In our village shop yesterday, rather than a carrier bag, Mrs Nick was handed a fabric bag from these guys. http://www.morsbags.com/

No charge, just the request that you reuse the bag. Nice.

Anyone got any fabric they don't need? They're after donations...

Quote:
Sewing, chatting and eating cake are important elements.

This is pretty much You.
Pilsbury

http://forum.downsizer.net/viewtopic.php?t=26768&highlight=morsbags
there are a few others from 2007, they are good but I never got the hang of the sewing machine, might try it again and use up some of tahirs fabric stash.
Nick

Weirdly, my search didn't find thm, so thanks.

Tahir crossed my mind as supplier. The Welsh Domestic Sluts as a work force.

🍰🍰🍰🍰
jettejette

Loved this idea! Will definitely look into contributing in some way👜👜👜
Cathryn

The Welsh Domestic Sluts as a work force.

🍰🍰🍰🍰

We were all determinedly ignoring this post. We all have similar to these in Wales already, you all will soon when you are charged for plastic bags. They'll never be in the boot of the car when you need them though.
tahir

Weirdly, my search didn't find thm, so thanks.

Tahir crossed my mind as supplier. The Welsh Domestic Sluts as a work force.

🍰🍰🍰🍰

Will email them now
gregotyn

I am lucky with plastic bags in that I live close to the English border, so I can go to shop in England when I need a top up of plastic. I have a couple of tesco own hessian bags which they gave away when they opened in Welshpool, and I keep them in reserve for when the Welsh gov't. ban the plastic altogether, and the English start to charge for plastic bags-bound to happen soon-hurry whilest stocks last! Hairyloon

I never got the hang of the sewing machine...
Likewise.
I do own one, I just don't know where to start with it...
Nicky Colour it green

I never got the hang of the sewing machine...
Likewise.
I do own one, I just don't know where to start with it...

it's a really good project for having a go with the sewing machine - really easy and you know.. it's just a bag, it wont matter if your sewing is a bit wobbly.

I've made several of these and we use them all the time.
Mistress Rose

I agree plastic bags have their uses Gregotyn. For shopping I use the hard plastic baskets Sainsburys did years ago and odd thick bags. I have a couple of roll up bags in my handbag for odd purchases, so I don't have plastic bags very often.

Result is I have so many reusable bags I don't need to make any.
Cathryn

Rosie sells very nice ones for those who really don't do sewing. Pookie on here.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home