Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Downsizing abroad
jamsam

Castaway 2007

i had applied for the last series, so i went to have a look at this one. they are lookig for anyone over 18 but NO FAMILIES...so that rules me out, if anyone wants the extra info or application i have them downloaded so send me an email and i will send them on..lets get at least one downsizer on it!!
Jonnyboy

No families, looks like they're going for the sex and alcohol approach to reality entertainment.
Northern_Lad

Jonnyboy wrote:
No families, looks like they're going for the sex and alcohol approach to reality entertainment.

...and the link's where...?
dpack

Laughing
Penny Outskirts

Rolling Eyes
wishus

That's a shame... the families made the 'community' seem like a feasible prospect, and it was so much better than BB.

... maybe the idea is they make their own kids.

I note that lost of people have complained to Ofcom about BB letting people back in who the public have paid to vote out already. Very Happy
crumbledust

wishus wrote:
That's a shame... the families made the 'community' seem like a feasible prospect, and it was so much better than BB.

Familys? I've the sneaking suspicion this is Channel 4's Castaway programme, with lots of scatily clad young things on a tropical island (or two).
crumbledust

It would appear I'm wrong! (The shock, the horror! Smile )

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castaway_2007

This assumes that wikipedia is right, of course.

(Oh, and Channel 4's programme was shipwrecked, d'oh!)
Rob R

It sounds like it's going to be a load of tripe- they should leave it at Castaway 2000, as I remember that as being good, what I saw of it, would like to see it again though.
Northern_Lad

Jonnyboy wrote:

IIRC the families with young children caused a lot of tension trying to get things 'sanitised' for the sake of their pressious little bundles. Probably a lot of legal stuff involved with sprogs too.
Chick-pea

The whole premise of the show seemed to be "let's deliberately fling together a bunch of people who hate each other/will never get on/have actute mental illnesses and set them some tasks for which they have no experience or skills and film it, it'll be riveting". Just like so many other TV shows. Instant reach for the "off" button in our house.

Call me weird but I prefer the stuff on e.g. the Discovery channel where you watch a highly experienced woodworker making things out of wood, or housebuilders building houses, or generally "handy" people making stuff out of scrapheaps. No tears, no fistfights, no sex. If I wanted to watch that I'd go into town on a Saturday night.
jamsam

can you get a dvd of the first series?? if it has various scenes of ben fogle being made to do yuckky things than i would buy it !!hehehhe

Ooh Ben Fogle I liked him Wink Embarassed
Naomi

Funny that ,I liked him too Rolling Eyes Laughing

(That was me that posted as a guest .Dunno quite how I managed it?)
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Downsizing abroad
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home