Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
nats

CD Boxes

We've got a load to get rid of and no idea how. Plastics collection from the door won't take "hard" plastics - suspect these count. CD's themselves are no problems - I'll pop them in the collection for recycling at work - but does anyone have any good ideas for the cases?
sally_in_wales

We've used them before as frames for kids artwork, would your local school be able to use them?
Chez

eBay? Even if you made a minimal amount on top of the postage, it would save them going to landfill.
12Bore

Speaker cable supports for HI-Fi nuts, sadly I'm not joking.... Laughing
nats

OK some uses there.. I guess I could try freecycle...
Sherbs

You could try superglueing a number of them together edge to edge into a kind of flat multi-window display thingy and put postcards or nice cards or pictures in the separate cases.

Or glue them to a large peice of coloured card for extra strength but similar effect.
nats

I don't really have the time or inclination to do anything with them - I'm hoping to just get rid. I've posted them on Freecycle - which has had 127 posts so far THIS MONTH so with luck someone will want them!
Mutton

And here I am wishing someone would post CD cases on my local Freecycle. Sad sigh
nats

no one wanted them. You're not near Swindon are you????
Mutton

Nope.

Just a thought - would an educational establishment want them? Swindon college - perhaps the students have to cut CDs of course material?
nats

husband works at Swindon college - and he's trying to get rid of them!!
yummersetter

how battered are they? I need some, as I buy 'towers' of CDs and often have to send files to clients.
nats

Mixed condition - most would be fine I think. Do you drive the M4 on a regular basis??
yummersetter

I don't drive the M4 if any other road will do - we travel down the M3 usually - if you can find someone local who'd like them, that would probably be easier for you - posting them up to us would probably cost more than they're worth, to be honest. Sorry if I'm wasting your time, hadn't thought it through.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home