Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Foraging
bubble

ceps better than last year

Just as we thought last year was the best for 25 years along comes this year,and its already better than last year.Ceps are coming up everywhere for near on 4 weeks now.I've picked and seen more this year than last;more or less stopped picking them .

jp

Fabulous pics! My dried mushrooms jars are already full - mostly Ceps. Very Happy
Stewy

I know, I need more jars. The airing cupboard is stinking of mushrooms.......
robins

I have previously posted to this site as Slippery Jack but for some reason have been unable to access so have had to re-register. I too have found more ceps this year than I ever dreamt existed and have been searching the site, unsuccessfully, for succinct instructions on drying mushrooms: I'm sure there must be something somewhere and that my failure to find anything must be a result of my own technological ineptitude, just as my previous failure to find ceps probably resulted from looking in the wrong places - but I would be very grateful for any guidance either on where to find it (the guidance), or how to do it (the drying). I don't have an airing cupboard and it's getting a bit late in the year for sunny windowsills; I do have a gas oven with a "slow setting", (and room for my head if things get desperate - but I understand that natural gas won't do that sort of job).
bubble

www.mycologue.co.uk/ ,sell electric food dehydrators that do a really good job.
bubble

more pics of ceps and am. muscarias,on dog walk

mihto

Hm. Here our year so far is the worst I can remember for a long time. I'm jealously guarding (drying) every cep I find. I can still count them on one hand.

Trout fishing has been bad as well. We are now reduced to eating salmon Mad Mad Mad
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Foraging
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home