Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On
sean

Chagstock 2015

Early bird tickets on sale now.
www.chagstock.info

FAO Arvo mainly. Though obviously you're all welcome.
Chez

It's in the diary. Nenna and I are looking forward to a girly weekend by ourselves Smile
sean

I reckon we'll make them put their own tent up this year. Wink
Chez

I shall look forward to photos Smile
Cathryn

I think a recording with sound would be most entertaining.
Chez

Of Leo and Arvo putting their tent up? I'd pay for one.
Jamanda

who do you think will be in the supervisory role?
wellington womble

Is it as much fun as watching married couples put up tents?! Of course pop up tents spoil all the fun their (until it's time to take them down!)
Mistress Rose

Many years ago when frame tents in weird and wonderful designs were in, we spent several happy hours on campsites watching people attempt to put up tents. One couple had to give up and ask someone else with a similar design how to do it. As they were all different, knowing how to put up your tent didn't mean you could put up a different one.

We always cheated and worked it out at home on our pocket handkerchief lawn first so we didn't look total idiots on the campsite. Very Happy
mochyn

I have to admit that I can (just about) put up and take down our C15th campaign tent on my own. It's much less hassle than with both of us doing it. Wink
sean

Oooh. Levellers headlining Saturday night. Should be OK.
Chez

You'll need a dog on a string.
robkb

And several cans of White Lightning.
sean

Posh kebabs Very Happy
Nick

They look ace.
sean

Frankly I'm a bit meh about the music line-up this year. The food is always excellent though. I'm hoping that Ock's Kitchen will be back. And the wood-fired oven pizza people, and Tom's Pies, and the felafel bloke....
Nick

It's not necessary to travel to Devon for wood fired pizza. Just saying.
sean

Only one more sleep Very Happy
robkb

Enjoy Very Happy
Chez

I'm thoroughly looking forward to it Smile
bibbster

I'm thoroughly looking forward to it Smile

But are you going?
sean

No. That's what she's looking forwards to.
Chez

No. That's what she's looking forwards to.

Exactly Smile. My lot have all been despatched. No idea if they've arrived, but they have strict instructions not to return with a dog on a string.
sean

It was ace. Very Happy Levellers had flame cannon and ticker-tape bombs (Not at the same time obviously). Boy Wonder got right down the front. Chez

Is there a reason Leo has come home singing songs from 'Annie'? sean

Not that I'm aware of. Chez

Photos look good Smile sean

10th year in 2016. Should be bostin'. Chez

I'm already looking forward to it.

Also, 'bostin''?
sean

Bostin' Steve Austin. 70s expression of extreme approval presumably linked to the 6 000 000 Dollar Man telly series. Chez

Ah. Before my time I'm afraid.

*coughs*
sean

BTW, Arvo appears to know all of the words to all of the Levellers' songs. Jamanda

I believe "bostin" to be a Midlands expression.

Annie songs were in the radio in the van where Leo was sitting being boooorrrreeed while we were breaking camp.

Did Arvo tell you about the car keys incident?
Chez

Ah, good, that explains it. I was confused as to why he appeared to have spent the weekend listening to a different musical genre than the rest of you.

I haven't been informed of a car keys incident. It's generally thought to be better for our marriage if they're glossed over, these days Smile
arvo

You grass Jamanda Shocked Jamanda

But it was all so masterfully dealt with! Surely many brownie points are due! Chez

Why do you think I make him wear them around his neck? It's not just a fashion statement Smile
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home