Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Land Management
Nick

Chainsaw and near Oxford?

I have a requirement for a smallish tree to be removed and tidied just outside Oxford. Anyone here able to offer it as a service (paid, obviously)? I know there's a hirsute lunatic, but I feel he's too far north to make it economically viable. Smile

This is the creature in question. It's a cherry, so if anyone wants the wood, it's also available.

lettucewoman

which side of oxford?
Nick

4 miles West, along the A40.
stumbling goat

I could do this, do you have a price in mind? I charge the earth!

sg
Hairyloon

Re: Chainsaw and near Oxford?

I know there's a hirsute lunatic, but I feel he's too far north to make it economically viable. Smile

Never assume the location of a 'loon unless he's stood in front of you. Wink
Today I are mostly in London... Could possibly slice & dice on the way back up.
Nick

As I've said to sg, it's a house I rent out, the tenant wants the tree removed, or reduced, to allow light into the gardens, and I'm not near enough to be sensible about it. My agent is getting me a quote, but I'd rather keep it in the family. I'll gladly share the local quote.

I'd need it trimmed severely/removed and the rubbish removed as part of the service. Anything worth fire wood, I could come and collect.
shadiya

If SG can't do it, let me know, Eynsham is only round the corner from here, I can either make some time or talk to one of my many tree surgeon mates.
Nick

I'd welcome a quote. Smile
stumbling goat

How's about having an Amish style "Tree felling"? Like they have a "Barn raising", but instead of raising a barn, we fell a tree?

Of course we would all need black clothes and straw hats, and lemonade. LOTS of lemonade.

sg

"To be or not to be", to give a quote. Wink
Jamanda

Hmmm. Not sure that Nick will want his tenant to think he's a raving lunatic. Could be funny though.
Nick

I've never met the tenant. She's never met me.

I'm coming to play too!
Nick

I'm away from DS for a couple of weeks, so, if anyone wants the work, email me, rather than PM, please. Smile
Hairyloon

How's about having an Amish style "Tree felling"? Like they have a "Barn raising", but instead of raising a barn, we fell a tree?

Don't reckon Nick's one is big enough, but nice idea.
Shane

Don't reckon Nick's one is big enough Have you been looking? Hairyloon

So, is the proposed Amish stylee operation coming off, or is the job otherwise sorted? Nick

The job is sorted, thanks to two mates with a woodburner, and a furniture restoring business.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Land Management
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home