Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Shooting and Trapping for the Pot
Cathryn

Changing the batteries

in those ear mufflers I bought Brownbear, how? Smile Can't remember the name of them currently and himself is out shooting in them right now (why not mention this a day or so before they are needed? Rolling Eyes ). Thought there would be a little door on them that unclips but nothing! Do I prise the foam off the inside or something? Cost a fortune so would hate to mess them up at all.

Posting on here just in case someone else has an inspired suggestion.
Brownbear

What model were they again? If they were the ones I think they were, you take off the sort of black squashed oval that pads around your ears, take out the foam lining, and they take 2 AAA cells either side.
Cathryn

Thank you. Smile The pads looked so snug a fit I didn't like to try it. I will check them again when he gets back, otherwise I will get the model name.
Brownbear

Who's 'himself'? I thought the gun etc were for Loren?
Cathryn

The gun is but I have lent the ear thingies to umm, Jack. Did I not mention I have gone and fallen in love? Embarassed Loren is away with her Dad at the moment. She is supposed to be going clay pigeon shooting with Jack and his son sometime soon.
Brownbear

Cathryn wrote:
The gun is but I have lent the ear thingies to umm, Jack. Did I not mention I have gone and fallen in love? Embarassed Loren is away with her Dad at the moment. She is supposed to be going clay pigeon shooting with Jack and his son sometime soon.

Maybe you told me and I forgot. Well done, anyway. Thought you'd been a bit quiet lately.
Bebo

Brownbear wrote:
Cathryn wrote:
I have gone and fallen in love?

Thought you'd been a bit quiet lately.

fnarr, fnarr. That'll wear off is a few months Wink
Mr O

You old party pooper Bebo Rolling Eyes
Brownbear

Bebo wrote:
Brownbear wrote:
Cathryn wrote:
I have gone and fallen in love?

Thought you'd been a bit quiet lately.

fnarr, fnarr. That'll wear off is a few months Wink

If you mean it'll all turn to a mouthful of ashes in short order, it seems a little mean to say so. And if you are implying that she's in the pudding club, I infer a degree of inside knowledge and assume that you must be this secret love and are too tight to shell out for either 4 AAA cells or a packet of gentleman's protectives.
Bebo

Brownbear wrote:
If you mean it'll all turn to a mouthful of ashes in short order, it seems a little mean to say so.

I didn't want to get explicit, but I meant the desperate urgency to spend every spare moment 'together' {ahem} wears off after a few months. I'm not that much of a curmudgeon BB. Rolling Eyes
Cathryn

Stop squabbling the pair of you. You are both prickly curmudgeons and keep me completely entertained. Very Happy

Those mufflers (what on earth are they called) Peltor Tactical 6-5. Don't think the plastic spngy ear bit does unpeel so is it the layer of foam in the earpiece itself do you think?
lettucewoman

Bebo wrote:
Brownbear wrote:
If you mean it'll all turn to a mouthful of ashes in short order, it seems a little mean to say so.

I didn't want to get explicit, but I meant the desperate urgency to spend every spare moment 'together' {ahem} wears off after a few months. I'm not that much of a curmudgeon BB. Rolling Eyes

.............er...........nearly 6 years down the road and still want to spend every spare moment together here........are we wierd???!!! Shocked

congrats cathryn... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Bebo

lettucewoman wrote:
Bebo wrote:
Brownbear wrote:

.............er...........nearly 6 years down the road and still want to spend every spare moment together here........are we wierd???!!! Shocked

congrats cathryn... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

All I can say is that Teddy must have amazing stamina........... Laughing
Mrs Fiddlesticks

Cathryn wrote:
Did I not mention I have gone and fallen in love? Embarassed .

Bless - how lovely! love6 Very pleased for you! Very Happy
Gervase

Bebo wrote:
All I can say is that Teddy must have amazing stamina........... Laughing

Or the batteries are changed regularly! Wink
happytechie

why on earth do ear defenders need batteries?
Cathryn

So you can hear what everyone is saying. But not the bangs. Amazing things.

(I hope that you all appreciate the fluffy feminine element introduced into this ever so usually macho part of the forum. Smile Embarassed )
Brownbear

The black bits that go around your ear; you hook your fingers under them and pull them off. Then lift off the foam pad and the batteries are underneath.
Cathryn

Thank you. Smile

(Let me know if you want me to bring Loren's gun with us next Spring.)
Brownbear

Cathryn wrote:

(Let me know if you want me to bring Loren's gun with us next Spring.)

Only if either of you wants to fire it.
vegplot

Bebo wrote:

Me and EV have been together 13 coming on 14 years and spend (almost) every minute of the day together.
Cathryn

It's been a few months and it gets better and better. Although I will not be sitting between him and his son again if they intend to compete singing the gloria bits during Christmas carols. Smile

Umm, are you absolutely sure that the black bits unhook, they seem very securely fixed on to me. (Sorry, being a pain but they are scarily expensive things if I damage them at all.)
Brownbear

Cathryn wrote:
It's been a few months and it gets better and better. Although I will not be sitting between him and his son again if they intend to compete singing the gloria bits during Christmas carols. Smile

Umm, are you absolutely sure that the black bits unhook, they seem very securely fixed on to me. (Sorry, being a pain but they are scarily expensive things if I damage them at all.)

I did demonstrate it to you at the time. Cast your mind back, through the mists of time.
vegplot

They can be awkward to removed in that they don't come off easily but come off they do. You may see a little recess in the sides which, if you're careful, you can use the blade of a small screwdriver to prise them off but you risk damaging the ear defenders or yourself if you slip.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Shooting and Trapping for the Pot
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home