Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Foraging
PeteS

Chanterelles, St Georges, Fairy Rings...

Chanterelles are starting to come up here. Found them in 5 different locations and I know that bubble has found some too - so not a one-off. Most are still very small (they weren't there last weekend) but got enough for a meal. Fairy Rings in significant numbers too. Also found a few St Georges. The thing is that they were young, no more than a week old. Ohh.. and a couple of Parasol Mushrooms. I don't think I've ever collect Chanterelles, St Georges, Fairy Rings and Parasols at the same time.
jamanda

Ooo. Must go and check my chanterelle spot then.
fungi2bwith

I went out to pick some elder flowers today and after reading Pete's post I decided to pass by a chanterelle patch. Sure enough there were plenty of little ones poking through. I got enough for my dinner.
fungi2bwith

today I went to a chanterelle patch for the first time this year and collected loads. Lots more little ones coming through too. Also found two orange birch boletes, the first boletes I have seen this year.
williamkay

Hi everyone, newby here, I collected some of what I think are chanterelles yesterday, however they seem very white in colour compared to the normal yellow, could this be becuase they are young?

I believe false chanterelles to be of a darker colour so I guess these can be nothing else?

http://www.willkay.com/web8/uploads/56-23820109450IMG_0038.JPG

thanks!
PeteS

williamkay wrote:
Hi everyone, newby here, I collected some of what I think are chanterelles yesterday, however they seem very white in colour compared to the normal yellow, could this be becuase they are young?

I believe false chanterelles to be of a darker colour so I guess these can be nothing else?

http://www.willkay.com/web8/uploads/56-23820109450IMG_0038.JPG

thanks!

These are NOT chanterelles. Looks like some form of Clitocybe, but which one I can't tell from the photo.
bubble

look like tawny funnel caps- clitocybe flaccida-not conclusive though
mochyn

PeteS wrote:
These are NOT chanterelles. Looks like some form of Clitocybe, but which one I can't tell from the photo.

I'd third that.
ETA Sorry: croeso, William! Laughing
williamkay

darn! thanks guys...very helpful indeed. Ill post some more soon
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Foraging
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home