Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Foraging
AnnaD

Chanterelles!

I went out for a wee mushroom forage yesterday, but didn't expect much as i thought it might still be a bit early. I was happy to have found one chanterelle, some amethyst deceivers and some winter chanterelles as I didn't expect much more than that. But soon before heading back, I noticed some bright yellow behind a mound of boulders. I have never found so many chanterelles in my life, so I was very pleased with the find.

Photobucket

Photobucket

It's probably a lot less than what you seasoned mushroom foragers find, but for me it was a nice change!
Northern Boy

Wahey!
Treacodactyl

They look in great condition, what do you plan to do with them?
gardening-girl

Ooh,yummy!
AnnaD

They look in great condition, what do you plan to do with them?

I had half of them as a side to our dinner last night, fried in butter, and I'll probably have the rest for lunch tomorrow in some form.
They were very good!
bubble

Annad in your case its quality not quantity that matters!!!They look great!I bet they tasted good too,ca'nt beat the flavour of wild ones Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Smile
Northern Boy

Annad in your case its quality not quantity that matters!!!They look great!I bet they tasted good too,ca'nt beat the flavour of wild ones Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Smile

Are chanterelles farmed? I had assumed it was not possible, tho' I may be ignorant. I have seen farmed 'chanterelles' from Zimbabwe but from what I could tell they were not actually chanterelles.
Stewy

As far as I know they are not cultivated but I may be wrong, from what I can gather it is not impossible but extremely difficult because of the symbiotic relationship that they have with certain trees, the same goes for Ceps amongst others.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Foraging
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home