Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Downsizing abroad
gardening-girl

Cheap Smallholding for sale in Brittany.

We could buy this,but couldn,t afford to live without working,and as the job market in France is hopeless,its not going to be an option.

Two bedrooms,kitchen,sitting room,outside loo.
3 acres,two barns,boule park,chicken run.
Going to be marketed between 85,ooo-100,00.

Plufor,nr Morlaix.10 mins to the beach!
Bebo

That is ridiculously cheap. If only it wasn't in France..........
vegplot

Bebo wrote:
That is ridiculously cheap. If only it wasn't in France..........

Indeed. 3 acres and barns. Perhaps I can offer the French some lessons in http://forum.downsizer.net/viewtopic.php?t=55566&highlight=
JB

Is that the going rate for french property?
vegplot

Have you noticed it's doing a suggestive wink?

Go on you know you want to.

Go on. Go on. Gwan gwan gwan gwan, it's only a small smallholding you won't even notice it going down.

I've been watching to too much Father Ted.
Rob R

vegplot wrote:
Have you noticed it's doing a suggestive wink?

Go on. Go on. Gwan gwan gwan gwan, it's only a small smallholding you won't even notice it going down.

I've been watching to too much Father Ted.

Laughing A winking house.

Perhaps you have been watching too much (if there is a such a thing?), but I'd worry about it going down. Wink
Bebo

vegplot wrote:

Know anyone who wants to rent a house in East Sussex? Comes with an acre, various sheds and a polytunnel.
Rob R

Bebo wrote:
vegplot wrote:

Know anyone who wants to rent a house in East Sussex? Comes with an acre, various sheds and a polytunnel.

How much?
Bebo

Rob R wrote:
Bebo wrote:
vegplot wrote:

How much?

Not a clue what the going rate would be around here.
Rob R

Bebo wrote:
Rob R wrote:
Bebo wrote:
vegplot wrote:

How much?

Not that I'm interested, you understand, unless it was a fiver, and in Yorkshire. Wink
Bebo

Rob R wrote:
Bebo wrote:
Rob R wrote:
Bebo wrote:
vegplot wrote:

How much?

Not that I'm interested, you understand, unless it was a fiver, and in Yorkshire. Wink

According to Zoopla, about 2000 a month Surprised . Hmmmmm, maybe I do want to buy a smallholding in France.......
vegplot

Bebo wrote:
vegplot wrote:

5 shillings a week and that's my final offer.
gardening-girl

Its needs re-wiring.There is a workshop on the back of the house that could be knocked down,giving room for an extension for a bathroom.
Ernest and Rosalie have lived in the house since 1970,very little has been done to the house since.
They kept sheep,chickens,bees and rabbits,and were totally self sufficiant in fruit and veg until Ernest died a few months ago Crying or Very sad
His spuds are still in the ground.
Chez

Gosh. It looks lovely. Poor Rosalie Sad
sueshells

Is the East Sussex property definitely for rent? Is there a link anywhere? I am looking to move to East Sussex to help my sister look after my mother when she (my mother) sells her house and buys a retirement flat in Hove.
Bebo

sueshells wrote:
Is the East Sussex property definitely for rent? Is there a link anywhere? I am looking to move to East Sussex to help my sister look after my mother when she (my mother) sells her house and buys a retirement flat in Hove.

No. It's my house. It was a notional idea that I could buy the place in Brittany and then let my house out to give an income. Only one problem, I'd have to move to France (and it's full of cheese eating surrender monkeys).

Even if it was for rent its near Battle, right at the other end of East Sussex to Hove, so wouldn't be any good for you.
sueshells

Oh - right - I obviously got the wrong end of the stick there!
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Downsizing abroad
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home