Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Poultry
Jam Lady

Chicken Cabinets

The latest totally absurd idea. I thought house chickens, wearing suitable little diapers (kid you not) was totally loony. This however, takes the cake. Chickens in the kitchen? I don't think so!

http://ovens.reviewed.com/news/youve-got-kitchen-cabinets-why-not-chicken-cabinets?utm_source=usat&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=collab
12Bore

Rolling Eyes
Jam Lady

It's true I got my feathers all ruffled up, so to speak. But even if you have this "cabinet" in the garden rather than the kitchen, how is this any much different than battery chickens?

Look at the pictures - high rise chickens in little cabinet cubbies, glassed doors (should get nice and hot) with a "privacy" curtain for egg laying!? How long will it take the chickens to shred the curtain, do you think . . . .

And I'm sure you noticed that they didn't even use a real live chicken for the photo op, it is some sort of ugly little chicken replica.
Bungo

Horrible idea. not even funny if its ment to be a joke Sad
VM

Noooo
dpack

horrid and not funny but the real life of most chooks (and other farmed critters)is worse

at least some of us try to give food critters a decent life ,the welfare quality of the ds critter keeping crew is well above average from what i have seen
mousjoos

There was such a thing as a chicken coop dresser for the kitchen

It's not a new idea
Flamin'Panda

Re: Chicken Cabinets

The latest totally absurd idea. I thought house chickens, wearing suitable little diapers (kid you not) was totally loony. This however, takes the cake. Chickens in the kitchen? I don't think so!

http://ovens.reviewed.com/news/youve-got-kitchen-cabinets-why-not-chicken-cabinets?utm_source=usat&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=collab

Argh, this guy should be prosecuted for animal cruelty... also, isn't it rather unhygienic to have other consumables stored under your chickens. But the glass door, um, roasted chicken anyone!
Jam Lady

You never know what's out there.

How about www.FowlPlayProducts.com

A swing for your chickens. After all, it says on their web site "Swings are not just for parakeets!"
Flamin'Panda

A swing for your chickens. After all, it says on their web site "Swings are not just for parakeets!"

Oh blimey, seen it all now, what next?! Perhaps spa breaks for pigs and sheep to keep them calm, thus better meat...
mousjoos

Oh blimey, seen it all now, what next?! Perhaps spa breaks for pigs and sheep to keep them calm, thus better meat...

or boats for pandas
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Poultry
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home