Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Poultry
frewen

Chicken nappies

OMG Surprised

am I on glue or is this for real?

http://www.chickendiapers.com/index.html
Jonnyboy

I'm sure the mushrooms I just ate were porcini, however....
Bodger

If people will pay nearly £700 for the latest Eglu why not chicken diapers ? Laughing Laughing Laughing
chez

I feel soiled.
Bodger

Is everyone aware that birds don't actually wee ?
chez

bodger wrote:
Is everyone aware that birds don't actually wee ?

Well, I am. But clearly some of these web-site people aren't. Or aware the generally, silkies do not sport pink bows in their head-dos ... Shocked
Bodger

Slightly off topic Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

But most mornings a strapping great bloke walks past our shop with a minute Yorky on a lead and it has a red ribbon on its head. I have this vision of his Mrs forcing him to take it out. If I was him, I'd be looking forward to dark mornings. Laughing

I nearly sure that the breed standards demands that the dog has a cushion and a ribbon of a parrticular colour. Laughing Laughing Laughing
cinders

bodger wrote:

But most mornings a strapping great bloke walks past our shop with a minute Yorky on a lead and it has a red ribbon on its head. I have this vision of his Mrs forcing him to take it out. If I was him, I'd be looking forward to dark mornings. Laughing

I nearly sure that the breed standards demands that the dog has a cushion and a ribbon of a parrticular colour. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Aaaaaaaaahhh someone wanted to buy some hair accessories from me for her little dog i thought it was cute
fenwoman

bodger wrote:

The bow is to hold it's hair up out of it's eyes. Besides, are you saying that if a chap is a real man he should have a staffie, rottie or some other 'macho' breed in order to prove to everyone just how manly he is? I would argue that the opposite is true and to prove a case in point; an aqquaintance of mine is a small woman like myself. She breeds and show giant schnauzers which I also used to keep. He hubby is known as 'big Frank' cos by golly he is big. He fills a doorframe, plays rugby, American football and other hard contact sports. You don't mess with 'big Frank'. His dog is a sweet little minature schnauzer who is the apple of his eye and which he bought a lilac coloured diamante collar for Xmas one year.
I would love to see the result of someone taking the ssip out of 'big Frank' for his choice of dog as I suspect the result would be one sledgehammer sized fist on top of the head and the name caller being felled as if by a poleaxe. Shocked
If a man needs to swagger down the road with a snarling slavering brute of a dog in order to let everyone know that he has a big willy and is macho, I would say that that man probably has a weeny peeny, is henpecked by the missus or still lives at home with mummy and has a massive inferiority complex cos if he was a real man, he wouldn't feel the need to prove it to anyone. Laughing
Fee

Laughing

Couldn't agree more about men trying to prove something. If you ask me, men who insist on a big growly dog are in the same bucket as men who won't wear pink. Anyone in this bucket, to me, is most likely unsure of their own sexuality.

So there.
fenwoman

Fee wrote:
Laughing

Couldn't agree more about men trying to prove something. If you ask me, men who insist on a big growly dog are in the same bucket as men who won't wear pink. Anyone in this bucket, to me, is most likely unsure of their own sexuality.

So there.

Yeah, you get more bang for your buck from men with a little pup Laughing
Bodger

I think you are getting a little carried away with your reply Fenners.
My reply was only meant as a humerous aside. No real need for a frontal assault Shocked
fenwoman

bodger wrote:
I think you are getting a little carried away with your reply Fenners.
No real need for a frontal assault Shocked

Pardon the pun? Laughing
Nick

fenwoman wrote:

The bow is to hold it's hair up out of it's eyes.

Then cut its hair, rather than have it look stupid. Honestly.
fenwoman

Nick wrote:
fenwoman wrote:

The bow is to hold it's hair up out of it's eyes.

Then cut its hair, rather than have it look stupid. Honestly.

They are bred to have long hair. Why have a long haired breed if you don't like long hair? What is so terrible about putting the fringe up in a bit of elastic with a bow attached?
cab

fenwoman wrote:

They are bred to have long hair. Why have a long haired breed if you don't like long hair? What is so terrible about putting the fringe up in a bit of elastic with a bow attached?

Whats so terrible about cutting its hair back a bit instead?
Nick

Well, you can always cut away the bit that means the dog can't see. It's not compulsory to have hair the same length all over. Don't think you can get basins the right shape for wee dogs, can you?

And there's nothing wrong with having a dog wear a pink bow, as long as you don't mind being laughed at, because some people think it looks daft.
fenwoman

cab wrote:
fenwoman wrote:

Whats so terrible about cutting its hair back a bit instead?

If it is a show dog, it would disqualify it. Besides, if an owner likes their dog to have a little bow holding the fringe back, why should they have to cut it just to mollify someone else?
fenwoman

Nick wrote:
Well, you can always cut away the bit that means the dog can't see. It's not compulsory to have hair the same length all over. Don't think you can get basins the right shape for wee dogs, can you?

And there's nothing wrong with having a dog wear a pink bow, as long as you don't mind being laughed at, because some people think it looks daft.

Indeed. There is plenty to laugh at in life. There are certainly some really odd looking humans for my friends and I to chuckle at, from very large wobbly ones, to hisute males who think that bushy shrubbery on their faces will hide their weak chins or turkey necks or who think that combing a long strand of hair over their shiny pink scalp will make people think they have a full head of hair. By comparison, a little pink bow pales into insignificance. Laughing
lottie

Nick wrote:

When you let what you want to do or like in life be influenced by whether people you don't know and care nothing about laugh at you---that's when you've got a problem. I wouldn't put a bow on a dog because I don't want the faffing about, not 'cos I'd care 2 hoots what people thought.
fenwoman

lottie wrote:
Nick wrote:

When you let what you want to do or like in life be influenced by whether people you don't know and care nothing about laugh at you---that's when you've got a problem. I wouldn't put a bow on a dog because I don't want the faffing about, not 'cos I'd care 2 hoots what people thought.

Hear hear Lottie M'dear Laughing
cab

fenwoman wrote:

If it is a show dog, it would disqualify it. Besides, if an owner likes their dog to have a little bow holding the fringe back, why should they have to cut it just to mollify someone else?

Would simply seem less hassle to me, quick snip once in a while and you don't have to faff about with ribbons/bows/tie backs.
fenwoman

cab wrote:
fenwoman wrote:

Would simply seem less hassle to me, quick snip once in a while and you don't have to faff about with ribbons/bows/tie backs.

But if you couldn't be bothered with hassle, I doubt you would get a coated dog in the first place. You would surely choose a smooth coated breed? I personally love 'faffing' about with my dogs coats, have mostly long or wavy coated breeds which need daily grooming and some clipping. I would be lost if I kept whippets for the lack of 'coat fiddling'.
Woodburner

Why do people breed dogs that have such long hair that something has to be done to keep it out of their eyes in the first place?
fenwoman

Woodburner wrote:
Why do people breed dogs that have such long hair that something has to be done to keep it out of their eyes in the first place?

Why do people breed dogs which need lots of exersize, grow too big, have strong guarding tendencies, have hair which comes out and gets all over the house, make a noise,have tails which swipe things off coffee tables?

There are breeds enough to suit everyone. Some of us like brushing their dogs and like long coated dogs. Keeping hair out of eyes is no greater a problem than keeping paws trimmed to stop them bringing mud into the house. You choose the breed to suit your needs. If you like to sit about all day long, then don't get an active dog, if you only have a tiny house, get a small dog, if you don't like to maintain a long coated breed, then simply don't get one. It isn't rocket science surely?
mochyn

I misread the caption:

Welcome to the world of ChickenDiapers.com, a clean
place for chickens and their humans to sit!

Although my misinterpretation did seem appropriate.
frewen

Laughing
MarkS

I guess my 'problem' with the silly bows etc is that someone has felt it necessary for whatever reason to encourage the breeding of an artificial breed of dog that has attributes which not only dont do anything positive for the animal but in fact have a detrimental impact.

I always think it says more about the owners needs than owt else.

Oh, and I doubt if I can be bothered to argue about this.
Bodger

Of course, if a dog can tie its own bow then surely a chicken could put its own diaper on ! Laughing
Woodburner

Thank you, Mark, you put that far better than I did. Smile
fenwoman

MarkS wrote:
I guess my 'problem' with the silly bows etc is that someone has felt it necessary for whatever reason to encourage the breeding of an artificial breed of dog that has attributes which not only dont do anything positive for the animal but in fact have a detrimental impact.

I always think it says more about the owners needs than owt else.

Oh, and I doubt if I can be bothered to argue about this.

but all pedigree dogs are artificial. Having hair isn't detrimental any more than it is detrimental for humans to have it.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Poultry
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home