Chocolate Courgette CakeIngredients:
170g (6oz) butter
400g (14oz) sugar
2 tsp vanilla essence (or use vanilla sugar)
285g (10oz) grated courgette
35g (12.5oz) plain flour
75g (2.5ox) cocoa powder
2.5 tsp baking powder
1.5 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
11cl (4fl oz) milk
170g (6oz) walnuts - optional
1. Cream the butter and sugar
2. Add the eggs one at a time with a little sifted flour to prevent them curdling
3. Stir in the courgettes and vanilla essence.
4. Stir in the sifted dry ingedients alternating with the milk
5. Fold in the walnuts
6. Bake in a large greased tin at 180C/350F/Gas mark 4 for 1-1.5hrs.
7. Leave in tin for 15 mins before turning out.
This cake has a great texture - really moist and no-one would ever know it contains courgettesno smilies