Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Seasonal and Frugal Shopping
Katieowl

Co-op voucher....

to download. 5 off a 30 shop.

I'm not a big fan of Co-op to be honest, but if you go when there is good mark downs you can (to quote my American friend Janet) "Make out like a bandit" LOL - I fully expect to get banned one day!

Go here: http://www.co-operative.coop/food/deals/

then click on where it says get coupons, it will take you to a voucher printing site, where you can select the 5 off voucher.

Kate

Edited to add...Remember only spend 30!! Otherwise the % off drops obviously - beat them at their own game Laughing
Jamanda

They give those out like confetti. I can't imagine ever spending 30 in there though. Unless it was on booze I suppose.
Nick

Cheers. Its my most regular supermarket. And they often (monthly) have champagne incorrectly priced. Vintage lanson last month at 9.99 a boxed bottle.
Jamanda

Cheers. Its my most regular supermarket. And they often (monthly) have champagne incorrectly priced. Vintage lanson last month at 9.99 a boxed bottle.

Gosh. That is worth looking for! How much did you get?
Nick

They only had 7 bottles. I would have bought as many as I could afford, to be honest. The manageress realised it should be 40, but said she'd sell it anyway!

They have plenty of good wine offers, some of them not mistakes.
Katieowl

My local branch had a massive clear out when they had a re-fit. Tins of chopped tomatoes with chilli were marked at 18p on the shelf and then went through at 9p... I went back for a second helping! They had all sorts of exciting stuff...like olives Laughing

They mark down to half price straight off too...and I've discovered Thursday late morning/lunchtime is good for reduced stuff. They must clear out for the weekend.

I've not bought much wine in there? Let alone champagne...I'll check it out Laughing Any wine suggestions?

Kate
Nick

I seem to remember something about them having so many branches and their business model allowing them to buy lots of small lots of wine, rather than having to offer the same in all stores, so you get little gems in there. I can't advise, to be honesy, except to say anything red, Spanish and over a fiver rarely disappoints. And they do red fizzy, which is great, but not cheap.
Katieowl

Well I'm off tomorrow...we've run out of cheese, so I'll have a look, and use my voucher Cool

Kate
sean

They've got reserva Rioja down from a tenner to a fiver at the moment which is cracking stuff.
There's a riserva chianti on the same deal but I haven't tried it yet.
Jamanda

They've got reserva Rioja down from a tenner to a fiver at the moment which is cracking stuff.
There's a riserva chianti on the same deal but I haven't tried it yet.

I noticed there was a bottle of it on the work top though. Tasting notes later? Laughing
sean

You could open it now and give it a chance to breath. Jamanda

You could open it now and give it a chance to breath.

It would be more than what I can do. OK then.
Went

Look out for a Ribera del Duero - superb reds.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Seasonal and Frugal Shopping
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home