Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Energy Efficiency and Construction/Major Projects
Sarah D

Compost toilets

Does anyone here have/use one or more of these? Which system do you use?
Sarah D

Ah, just found another thread on this.
Blue Sky

What's the big hurry to go off-grid and compost loos Sarah? Is there something you aren't telling us that we should know?
Sarah D

No hurry - I've been heading towards this for 20 years now, accumulating knowledge and things to help along the way.
Blue Sky

Good for you. Yer 15 years ahead of us then and I asume kids have alot to do with it. I know we could never give up our electricity supply and our vehicle until the kids are grown up and happy with it.

Best of luck with your future ventures
Sarah D

Thanks Simon, nice to get a positive response instead of a totally horrified one Laughing

Our two are now 13 and almost 16, and I am introducing things gradually, starting with getting rid of most of the electric appliances; working on the fridge at the moment. Saturday evenings are electricity free, but only downstairs to prevent a mutiny Laughing I've come a long way in a shortish time, so ready for the next steps now. It'll happen. Very Happy
AnneandMike

Sarah D wrote:
Thanks Simon, nice to get a positive response instead of a totally horrified one Laughing

That might happen if you say you are going to get a 1 megawatt patio heater!!!
Blue Sky

AnneandMike wrote:
Sarah D wrote:

Bomb the patio, and plant spuds in it's place. No heater required Wink

Eat your lunch on the lawn instead.

Shocked Did I just say Lawn!?
Sarah D

AnneandMike wrote:
Sarah D wrote:

You would be surprised at some of the horrified comments I've had on this subject Laughing I'm not even going to comment on "patio heaters" Rolling Eyes Laughing

Btw, the "lawns", or areas of grass are being nibbled away slowly but surely.......... Laughing
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Energy Efficiency and Construction/Major Projects
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home