Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On
Bodger

Conwy Food Festival.

I love it when a plan comes together.
We're faced with a pain of a journey up to Denbigh tomorrow to fetch our pigs back from the butcher. Its a long way to go and we've been looking for something else to do once we're up the coast. Yesterday, one of Karens patients let her know that its the Conwy Food festival this weekend, so thats more or less tomorrow taken care of.
We've been to it before and its a very vibrant afair that takes place in the streets of Conwy and on the quayside.

http://www.conwyfeast.co.uk/
vegplot

Don't forget the light show projected against the castle walls at 7.15 p.m. on Saturday.
Bodger

We'll be stuffing meat in the freezer back home by then. Very Happy
Barefoot Andrew

Sadly, I shan't be there this year. I've been to every one apart from the very first.
A.
Bodger

A fantastic event. Definately one to pencil into your diary if live nearby or if you just happen to be in the area. Some really good and innovative food producers.
vegplot

I had the opposite experience. Being 5 or more deep at the trade stalls is not a fun experience. We went in the hope of metting up with Mochyn and Gordon but discovered that we only got her home not mobile phone number and my trapped nerve, after several weeks, has started again so I wasn't in the best of moods.

It is overly busy with far too many people for too few stalls. If I had the influence I'd close off Conwy to traffic, have traders stalls throughout the town and make the event free. The festival lacks direction with virtually no signposting or event management. I applaud the initiative though.
mochyn

It is overly busy with far too many people for too few stalls. If I had the influence I'd close off Conwy to traffic, have traders stalls throughout the town and make the event free. The festival lacks direction with virtually no signposting or event management. I applaud the initiative though.

I agree with all that. We had a lovely time: judith & Robert came with us, sad not to meet up with you two but I fprgpt to charge my phone anyway Embarassed ).

There were no maps anywhere - I'm sure there have been in previous years. Nor were there enough stewards - it would have been useful to have people to ask. It's such a crush on the quay.

On the whole we all had a good time, but I can see where there are many improvements needed.
vegplot

*checks for body odour, halitosis, and charisma quotient*
mochyn

*checks for body odour, halitosis, and charisma quotient*

Daft dollop.
Barefoot Andrew

Did anyone see the light show on the castle wall?
A.
earthyvirgo

Did anyone see the light show on the castle wall?
A.

Unfortunately not but Tim P popped into the RCA today (I was doing a volunteer stint) so I saw it on his phone. Looked very good.

The one on Plas Mawr was reported as being excellent. They made it appear as if Plas Mawr was breathing and bought plaster gargoyles alive Smile

They'll be on YouTube soon (there's already one but it's poor quality).

EV
Bodger

Clever money got there at 10.30am and was done and dusted for just after noon. thumbup
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home