Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Land Management
Brownbear

Cracking rat and mouse traps

I've recently taken delivery of a new type of traps for rats and mice - I use them with a high-appeal rat or mouse attractant bait, but they'd work with other baits too. They seem to make a good clean kill, have about the same rate of trapping as my usual ones, but they're a lot easier and safer to set than any standard design.

The one for mice is called the Power Cat, and the rat trap rejoices in the name T-Rex. They do cost a couple of bob more than the Little Nippers, but the nice thing is they set by squeezing the back of the hinge - and you can then operate the mechanism again to drop the dead rodent into the bag without ever having to get your hands near it.

spuds

hi
the traps look good but where did you get them from? please,
i am in newton abbot Very Happy
Brownbear

I get them from a pest control wholesaler, but I think many people sell them on the web.

As you're just down the road I can get a couple in for you if you like - I'm putting an order in to my supplier on Monday.
spuds

Hi Bownbear
thank you for your kind offer to get them for me
but oh has odered from ebay
mick
dpack

i have a good fenn4 scar
set from a safe grip looks nice Laughing
Brownbear

Fenns have to be baited BEFORE being set. A few people have come unstuck with that one.
dpack

almond butter is ace and multi use
there is no substitute for stupidity the way i got bit Laughing

unless it is screwed to a base board placing and cocking is a bit iffy with fenns

ouch mr stupid Laughing
dpack

in a tube they would work for grey sqizzers as well
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Land Management
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home