Crispy Caramelised Duck
- 2 duck breasts
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Good sprinkling of salt
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Juice of 1 large orange
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- Good slosh (about 1.5 tbsp) balsamic vinegar
- Cut the duck breasts thinly, keeping the skin on, so that each piece of meat has a slither of skin and fat attached.
- Mix the flour, salt and pepper together and use it to coat the duck.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan.
- When the oil is very hot, fry the duck for approximately 2 minutes, until crispy (this can be done in batches, then fried off again together before the next step).
- Add the remaining ingredients (orange juice, brown sugar and balsamic vinegar).
- Simmer gently for 3 minutes then serve.
Goes well with a zesty chilli rice. Cook your rice as normal, then fry a chopped chilli and zest of half an orange, then add the cooked rice, fry off and mix well.