Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> IT Matters
Treacodactyl

Crumbs in your equipment

Anyone got any good tips for getting crumbs out of your equipment? I've tried shaking it while holding it upside down but they are still there. Of course I'm talking about my keyboard, and one of the problems of eating my lunch at my desk is the amount of crumbs that build up. In the past I've tried removing the odd key but then they often don't go back. I don't have access to a vacuum cleaner at work.

On the subject of cleaning I thought I'd just share with you the description on a phone wipe 'The effective method of removing unpleasant body grease from telephones' Shocked Mmmm.
Northern_Lad

Don't know how it would go down with your employers, but could you use ants? Sneaky little blightes seam to get in to most places.

Putting keys back on isn't a problem - remembering where most of them go is the hard part!
jema

Ah the seseme seed keyboard Laughing Brings back memories Very Happy
Nanny

crumbs in the equipment

frankly i wouldn't have told anybody about the crumbs in your equipment......................

your private life's your own love Wink
Gertie

We have a strict policy at work - no food or drink allowed in the office.

That doesn't stop staples landing between the keys and getting stuck, I end up shaking my keyboard upside down for ages getting the bloomin' things out. Rolling Eyes
Gervase

I used to find loads of eyelashes and eyebrow hairs in my keyboard when I worked in an office. Gawd knows why...
I did once try the trick of shoving a keyboard under the cold tap when I spilled a glass of wine on it - and it worked a treat! I'm told, though, that to be on the safe side you should then flush it out with distilled water lest the scale cause problems.
These days I've mothballed the decent but oh-so-impractically-white Apple keyboard and use a manky old one which can cope with all the dust, lime and crud in the house.
So far, so g@$(&^asdf Wink
gavin

A "pooter"?

http://www.ise5-14.org.uk/prim3/New_Guidelines/New_Plan/P1/G2/Teachers_Guide/LT-A1_2.htm gives the idea.

Worth a little bit of care though - #2 son has vivid memories of being given a pooter WITHOUT the gauze protection in school. Being a biddable wee lad, he swallowed several insects, woodlice and spiders, before realising his equipment was faulty Smile

All best - Gavin
       Downsizer Forum Index -> IT Matters
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home