Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Livestock and Pets
Nicky Colour it green

dear cat

I'm sure you like the attention you got from falling behind the furniture in my son's room and being stuck and Mr Cig having to unscrew various parts to save you, but I am made of tougher stuff and will leave you there each and every time you do it again. yes.

and turning up in the kitchen to tell me you were still stuck later was not a clever move, no.

I did still feed you to help you over your ordeal though, so I guess you win.
Melli-Jane

Dear Hugo,

I know you've had a bad life, but that was 10 years ago and you've been very loved since then, so really having a wee under the computer table and tripping the power wasn't very nice now was it? Oh, and I didn't appreciate the little gift on the wrong side of your litter tray you left me either - you've still got one good eye so should be able to see where you are aiming x

PS, please ask Bruce to finish all his takeaway, I'm sure he could have eaten the other foot as well so I didn't have to clear it up.

love Mum
Wentworth

Dear Wentworth - how many times do you need to suffer an abscess from fighting, to learn to stay clear of the village tom?

Click to see full size image

That was 7 days ago - now almost back to normal and healing nicely....until the next time Rolling Eyes
Melli-Jane

ouch - poor lad x
madcat

poor boy,I hope he learns to stay home out of harms way.
Local Tom maybe trip to vet for snip and released after 2 stones lighter
Green Rosie

Dear Firkin

You are an outdoor cat and as such, sitting on either my knee or the keyboard is making typing ra2t0er1* difficult and you should not be here.

* This is what Firkin typed Wink
vegplot

Dear one of four who sat on my laptop and managed not only reconfigure the system but also erased a rather nice flow diagram I was working on,

Your food is in the tin, help yourself.
gil

Dear Brush
The sooner you pee in your 'special litter tray', the sooner I can take your urine sample to the vet, and we can work out what needs to be done about the blood you were peeing this morning. Shocked

PS I know you weren't happy when the vet emptied your anal glands, but nor was I. Everything stinks of it now, including you and everywhere you go.
ang@ynys

Dear Mizzme,
Thank you so much for the half eaten mouse that you left me this morning, strategically placed were I would walk on it with no shoes on. Shocked NICE
I take it that you’re not happy with being removed from my room and the baby’s cot which you think is your own space. Trust me this is the best thing once the small one arrives you will not want to be there. I will make it up to you
Mustang

Dear all 4 cats. I know being trained to use the human toilet rather than your cat litter tray is confusing and weird, but whilst most of you are doing great, one of you isn't aiming too well. The Toilet Seat Lid is not the place to pee. You've got to hit the hole instead.

And please can one of you figure out the flush!
Chez

Dear Betty

Please do not hump Baby Annabel.

Thank you.
Shan

Dear Poppy,

I brought you in a sprig of cat mint, which you clearly enjoyed, so please don't bite the hand that feeds you.... even if your excuse is that it smelled of cat mint.
Wentworth

Dear Cats - AKA Wentworth and Gawber

Does the morning dew on the roof of the car really taste better than the bowls of water and pond? Next time can you clean the sides and wheels as well....?
onemanband

Dear 'I haven't given you a name yet' - you sometimes sit at my back door mewwing for food.

Don't mind me - come in - have a good look round downstairs, have a scratch on my settee, check out the goldfish too.
Hey, why don't you go upstairs whilst you're at it and have a look under the beds and in the cupboards.
Nell Merionwen

Dear Buffy,
I am sorry I just sniggered when you sneezed and headbutted the cactus. But you will insist on sleeping over it.

Funny
Shan

They do get soooo embarrassed Laughing
Nicky Colour it green

Dear Molly

Our bedroom window is open because it is hot - not as an new doorway for cats - I realise the extra fun of the new door being on the first floor is appealing as it flinging yourself from the honeysuckle into the bedroom several times a night, but it is not conducive to me having a good night's sleep - and grumpy persons are less likely to open cat food sachets.

Bringing dead mice in through the bedroom window and telling me ALL about it in that muffled triumphant howl-with-mouse-in-mouth is not ideal either.
tai haku

Dearest Meriwether,

Earlier tonight I left you unattended in the same room as my pie, gravy and veg dinner. I'm not sure whether you chose to partake of said dinner whilst it was unguarded. I do know however that the smirk you gave me when I returned was at best mental torture of the cruelest kind and at worst unnecessary gloating.

Next time you will be going outside during dinner again. Don't whine about it. It is your own fault.

PS: also please read colour it green's letter above too. The behaviour described therein is also unacceptable (although I will admit you haven't done so carrying a mouse yet, jumping on my face mid-sleep is still not cool)
Barefoot Andrew

and grumpy persons are less likely to open cat food sachets.

Laughing
A.
gai

Dear Sheeba.
Scooping the freshly laid eggs I just brought in out of the bowl and scooting them off the edge of the worksurface is NOT funny.
Liz in Ireland

Dear Sheeba.
Scooping the freshly laid eggs I just brought in out of the bowl and scooting them off the edge of the worksurface is NOT funny.

And Spice,
Neither is having a wee in the egg bowl when there is a perfectly good clean litter tray on the kitchen floor. You are not that senile.
I may have to consider a one way ticket to the man you prefer not to visit. Sad
Chez

Dear Betty.

Thank you for being the only one in the household who took any notice when I said I wanted a house rabbit. However, did you have to kill it, bite it's front legs off and leave it on the rug beside the bed?

Yrs & co
Nicky Colour it green

Dear Molly

No - throwing that mouse around the kitchen will not revive it for more playtime.

Bringing it back in after I threw it out was not ideal

Leaving it just behind me whilst I put the kettle on was less ideal.

Yes, it might have been better if I had been wearing shoes.

Yes that dance I did whilst shouting 'ugh!ugh!' might be highly amusing, but will not earn you any more go-cat.

yours, with fresh socks on, etc
Wentworth

Dear Molly

No - throwing that mouse around the kitchen will not revive it for more playtime.

Yes that dance I did whilst shouting 'ugh!ugh!' might be highly amusing, but will not earn you any more go-cat.

yours, with fresh socks on, etc Laughing ewe Shocked Nicky Colour it green

and Molly - if you think you can win back my affection by climbing onto my shoulder and nuzzling my neck, then settling down to sleep there - you are damned right. LynneA

Dear Violet from three doors down.

That big box in the garden full of lovely soft earth is NOT your litter tray. As well as soft earth, it also contained lovely salad seedlings.

And the mesh shelves we put on top of it were not sliding doors for your benefit.

But it was fun watching your face when you were rumbled.
Melli-Jane

Quote:
Dear Hugo,

I know you've had a bad life, but that was 10 years ago and you've been very loved since then, so really having a wee under the computer table and tripping the power wasn't very nice now was it? Oh, and I didn't appreciate the little gift on the wrong side of your litter tray you left me either - you've still got one good eye so should be able to see where you are aiming x

Dear Hugo, you had a lovely life and I'll miss you - and I'm now feeling really guilty for the above comments and maybe it was the first signs you were poorly and I know you could't help it. You're now sleeping peacefully under the trees and no doubt siting on as many keyboards and books as you can find in your own little heaven, and you can wee where you like! sweet dreams x
Nell Merionwen

Quote:
Dear Hugo,

Dear Hugo, you had a lovely life and I'll miss you - and I'm now feeling really guilty for the above comments and maybe it was the first signs you were poorly and I know you could't help it. You're now sleeping peacefully under the trees and no doubt siting on as many keyboards and books as you can find in your own little heaven, and you can wee where you like! sweet dreams x

aww, sweet dreams Hugo. x
Liz in Ireland

Quote:
Dear Hugo,

aww, sweet dreams Hugo. x

Crying or Very sad thats made me cry Embarassed
Woo

Dear Taya
thank you for joining our family, the children all love you, even the one who grabs your tail!
we are glad you like the puppy too, but try and be a bit more gentle when you chew his ears as those huge paws will soon be matched by big everything else Shocked .
we are very proud of your mousing skills, they were a problem before you came but dont leave them by the pups bed. he has some posh puppy food, he doesnt need extra protien!
i am glad you are feeling better after you got so poorly this week, you are being so good taking your medicine each morning, but please keep your claws to yourself as i pipette it in!
and one last thing, stop sleeping on steve's pillow you know very well he is allergic to you! Wink
Pilgrim1975

Dear Molly

yours, with fresh socks on, etc

You haven't joined the ranks of the cat-owned classes until you get out of bed at 3am and find yourself ankle-deep in a rabbit.

I've had one cat (Shadow) opt to impress me by dropping a mangled (but very much alive) blackbird on my pillow. At 6am. Six inches in front of my nose.

And as for Bracken (rescued tortie and white female) being found in the back porch, redecorating said porch by industriously dismembering and scattering round the place parts of the STOAT she'd just killed while displaying an air of 'Look what I did! Look, humans, I'm gifted aren't I..?, well she was a somewhat combative lady.

Her summary execution of a pheasant was also rather impressive. There we were, sat in the living room, trying our utmost to ignore the following soundtrack:

'Squee! Squee! SQUEEEEE!-CRUNCH!'

Not the most pleasant way to spend 15 minutes, in my humble opinion.
Woo

To the long departed Oliver
though i acknowledge your skill at getting it into the flat alive, the toad in my bedroom at 3am was not really appreciated, nor you eating all but the beak of the blackbird under my bed at 4am, crunch!
miss you still snuggly boy
gz

Just because I've realised that you've had your morning rations, doesn't mean that you should then sit behind your no. 1 human (male!) in a huff!! Laughing sally_in_wales

dear cat, I appreciate that you are worried that I might catch a chest cold in this changeable weather, but this is one of your less helpful poses to adopt whilst I type

mochyn

Dear Mrs P.

The house feels empty without you.
sally_in_wales

Dear Mrs P.

The house feels empty without you.

awww Sad
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Livestock and Pets
Page 1 of 1
Home Web Advertising Home Array Home