Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Livestock and Pets
Tavascarow

December 18 2015

Last weekend I camped on the cliffs above Cape Cornwall & took plenty of layers to keep warm through the night, including a thermal bag liner to fit inside my three season bag.
I didn't need it or the layers. It was colder last April than this December.
Ended up sleeping comfortably in my long johns.

Not that that has anything to do with livestock & pets Laughing
Yesterday whilst giving my elder hound a once over for thorns & burrs I pulled a tick!!
I can remember a time when things like ticks & fleas didn't show their ugly blood sucking selves till after the spring equinox & not after the Autumn one.
I predict 2016 will be pestilent.
We need a cold snap.
gregotyn

Nought like a good hard frost to kill many of the gardener's pests and diseases.
Rob R

I blame global worming.
Hairyloon

Re: December 18 2015

Last weekend I camped on the cliffs above Cape Cornwall & took plenty of layers to keep warm...

At first glance I thought you'd said lawyers and was put in mind of Lady Whiteadder...
dpack

I blame global worming.

Laughing
sean

The rosemary bush in our garden is flowering. chickenlady

I thought you meant you were snuggling up in a sleeping back full of hens Rolling Eyes Tavascarow

I thought you meant you were snuggling up in a sleeping back full of hens Rolling Eyes The fox cured me of my poultry obsession but the sleeping bag is full of goose down. Wink
I blame global worming. Cheeky Git. Wink Behemoth

Went to the Newcastle v Aston villa game on Saturday evening. St James park in mid December is usually somewhat chilly. Watching the match in shirt sleeves at 7pm, the week before Christmas felt very odd. Torrential rain as well which started at kick off and finished at the end of the game, so we didn't get soaked on the way back to the car. Hairyloon

A friend of mind reports that blue tits are nesting in her garden... Treacodactyl

Removed a tick from our Lab on the 28th, not sure if it's last seasons or the new season. I picked my first daff flower on the 31st! dpack

freshly hatched bluebottle drying itself on the window sill outside ,jan 5 Rolling Eyes LynneA

A friend of mind reports that blue tits are nesting in her garden...

I'm sure I heard some nestlings when I walked up to the bus stop this morning. We had a Great Spotted Woodpecker hammering on a tree at the weekend, and I've heard Green Woodpeckers calling this week.

On the plus side, haven't seen many slugs. Think they've drowned.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Livestock and Pets
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home