Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice
jenn

decision

Well the girls have finally decided they will take this little shop, its a huge decision but we are supporting them all the way, So look out oxfordshire here they come

jenn
sally_in_wales

What will they be selling?
jenn

they will be selling their handmade jewellry, hand embroidery, ie hankies, pillow slips etc. Naomis designer knitwear, bags why all the items hand made by themselves.

jenn
judith

Best of luck to them in their new venture.
sally_in_wales

Best of luck to them, will they be selling online as well, or just through the shop? Let us all know when its open Very Happy
stumbling goat

can they do teas and coffeess there, and maybe cakes?

gets people in and looking at the rest of the merchandise.

best of luck to them.

sg
jenn

thanks all, no sg they cant do teas etc. pity but its too small and the village already has a cafe nd the planning would go hairy. Sally they already have web sites, which they do sell bits from

jenn
stumbling goat

why not stick their website link up here jenn so people can see it?

nothing wrong with a bit of advertising.

sg
wellington womble

Where's the shop? I'll visit next time I'm over Oxford way.
jenn

Ill do that SG. ww. its in wheatley

jenn
sean

I used to live in Horsepath. I bet Sam's the butcher's isn't still in Wheatley is it? That was a *proper* butcher, sawdust on the floor and everything.
sueshells

Good luck to the girls, Jenn, brave decision - hope it works out for them. Not been about recently - have been away in Scotland for a few days and have also just started an OU course but will be in touch.
mrsnesbitt

Good luck to the girls.
jenn

thanks all but they have been gazumped I think, apparently the agent has had another 'offer' which they wont say but obviously is more money than that was agreed by the owner and the girls.
yuk

jenn
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home