Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Finance and Property
Behemoth

DEFRA ANNOUNCES £6.75 MILLION TO PROMOTE SUSTAINABLE LIVING

DEFRA ANNOUNCES £6.75 MILLION TO PROMOTE SUSTAINABLE LIVING

Voluntary groups across England will benefit from grants worth £6.75 million over three years, Environment Minister Elliot Morley announced today.

The money from Defra's Environmental Action Fund (EAF) will help support 36 projects deliver sustainable consumption and production to a range of communities.

Announcing the grants Elliot Morley said:

"I am very pleased to be supporting so many diverse and innovative projects. Sustainable consumption and production is at the heart of Defra's work and we recognise that voluntary and community groups have an important role to play in getting messages across and engaging with communities and businesses at the grass roots level.

"These projects will help us to develop better ways of making a difference in everyday life, including more sustainable behaviour at work and at home, more sustainable food production and consumption and improved processes in construction. These will help to improve the quality of people's lives."

The projects complement wider Government action on Sustainable Consumption and Production (SCP) to improve products, procurement and production processes, as set out in Changing Patterns (www.defra.gov.uk/environment/business/scp/index.htm) and the new Five Year Strategy Delivering the Essentials of Life (www.defra.gov.uk/corporate/5year-strategy/index.htm).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Notes for editors

1. The Environmental Action Fund (EAF) helps voluntary groups in England promote sustainable development through projects on Sustainable Consumption and Production (SCP).

2. Grants range from £25,000 to £250,000 per year and applications were sought for 3-year projects. Groups must find eligible matching funding and ensure that the projects have well defined objectives, measurable outcomes and clear timescales.

3. A list of projects offered funding under the 2005-2008 programme can be found on the Defra website along with further information on the EAF awards: www.defra.gov.uk/environment/eaf/index.htm#support.

4. Resources currently available to the EAF have now been fully allocated for the 2005-08 period. To register for information on possible future grant rounds see the EAF pages on the Defra website above. Also available are an EAF annual report, 6-monthly magazine and good practice guide for environmental projects.
Rob R

Thanks for the reminder Very Happy - I have a load of information about this to read, that came through the Wholesome Food Association I'll save any comments until I've read it Cool
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Finance and Property
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home