Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice
Quail By Mail

Difficult to get supplies in this country

Annoyingly, the Americans really know how to retail a huge variety of goods online. For example, I operate a fashion label and I need things like seashell buttons, quality zippers, etc on a wholesale or bulk basis--constantly. The US is a goldmine for decent websites selling all manner of colourways, sizes, with decent photos and descriptions and prices.

:: I was also after cocoa pods recently and gambled and bought some from a guy in Africa so who knows if they'll arrive. Someone was selling them, online, in the US but was temporarily sold out.

:: I was researching Japanese kimono textiles and again, tons of people running cool websites with excellent contacts in Japan

Why are the Americans so on the ball in this respect? If a Downsizer wants to have a go at an online shop selling something they're passionate about, someone will want to buy it from you!!!!
Helen_A

IME there are a lot more north americans than us, and the result is that even the tiny niche markets are still income providing...

And its lots easier to be SE in many states wrt registration, payment gateways, and the like.... its getting better here though Smile
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home